New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

hitcher

Reaction score
hi,
sorry i forgot to come here first, i felt a bit lost (it always happens when i register somewhere).
so i'm jo (they call me the hitcher...haha this is from 'the mighty boosh' if someone knows that), and i'm from hugary, i'm 25, having a crap job, and i loved muppet show, when i was a kid, and i like a few other jim henson films that i know (only a few), and it would be good to learn how to make and use a puppet.

that's all for now
(and sorry again for my bad english)

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
welcome hitcher! i'm interested in puppetry as well but haven't really had the time, opportunities, or materials to do it. which henson shows are you interested in? as you can probably tell from my username/avatar I am a Sesame Street enthusiast (specifically the classic material). enjoy the forum!

VonCheech

Reaction score
Greeting and Salutations.
i am a muppet and film soundtrack fan.
hope to hear and trade some good muppet music...

i<3waldorf

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
As you can tell, I am totally new here =P
I'll be looking around...Posting every once in a while.
When I was little, I used to LOVE the muppets. I enjoyed them so much!
Recently, two of my friends and I have gotten into a muppet craze, though. It's cool.
So I've got to catch up on all the stuff I missed between now and my childhood. Which, I admit, was not that long ago, though it feels it! =D
Haha.

JDAmato

Reaction score
Hi,

my name is JD, and I am a freelance animator/sfx supervisor/ puppet builder! I am a student at NYU film school and have just recently started a blog outlining my tips and tricks for visual effects/animation/puppetry. Thanks! See you guys out there.

http://jdamato.blogspot.com/

Snurdly

Reaction score

I just found this site last night. I was looking for a list of supplies to begin making puppets again. I have created about 40 puppets over my lifetime and was looking to begin creating molded lates foam castings. This is a new area for me but I have always been succesful at building every other kind of puppet.
My wife has always been my "straight man" in the puppet productions that we have put on. Sometimes she gets so carried away that she asks more that two puppets to come out and talk at the same time, which prompts one of the puppets to reasure her that this is quite impossible. I now have two beautiful girls who have shown and intrest and apptitude toward puppetry. This is one of the reasons that I have decided to get back in to the craft after loosing all but two of my original puppets to theft.
I am enjoying this site and the wealth of knowledge that is here.
:sympathy:

hitcher

Reaction score
wow JDamato, i dropped an eye on your blog....that short animation is really good, lovely....i think i'll return there if i have a little time
cheers

jo

Jekyll

Reaction score
New to site

Hi,

I'm new to this site. I have been a muppet fan for many years though haven't seen them for ages. I also watched the cartoon series muppet babies, again many years ago. Good to see there is such a large collection of people on this forum.

Jekyll.

beccavox

Reaction score
Hello!

I was doing some research for work and came across this wonderful website! I have been a long-time fan of Henson and the Muppets and am very happy that there are people who are so enthused by all of it that they'll keep a website like this up and running.

I was raised on Sesame Street and the Muppet Show and continued my love for all things Henson right through The Dark Crystal, the Storyteller series, et al. I hope that after my work research is done, I can keep coming back here for updates on DVD releases and all other things Muppet.

I teach English at a small college and have, on occasion, brought in episodes of the Storyteller series to help students do critical analysis. It always amazes me that the most jaded of college students can become entranced by fairy tales told by Muppets.

So, hello, and thanks for being here. I've got a question that I'll be posting that has to do with my research, but otherwise I'm going to be happy to just browse around.

Rebecca:smile: