New HMV Exclusive TMS DVD Box Set in the UK!

anathema

Reaction score
Douglas Fir said:
Although I'm not quite sure why there are only 7 episodes listed on the auction for that DVD when there are 36 episodes in total over 4 DVDs in the set - so there should be 9 episodes per DVD. Oh well, it'll be on the shelves in 6 days time and we can all have a good look at it!!!
I sincerely hope that the '4 DVDs' is a typo! Putting 9 25-minute shows on a single disc is just asking for trouble. *Eight* is the absolute limit, and I'd have gone with six - which makes more sense, since there are six tapes in the VHS set!

mattyboy

Reaction score
Bad news. There are only 24 episodes in the DVD box set (6 per disc). It is not 36 episodes like the video box set. Have a look:
http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=286;5;-1;-1&sku=121432
The episodes they've taken away are Juliet Prowse, Ethel Merman, Johnny Cash, Paul Simon, Harry Belafonte, Victor Borge, John Denver and Petula Clark (All these were included on the video box set). It's a shame but it's obvious they couldn't do 9 episodes per disc, but why didn't they release 6 DVD's insead?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I got one word............. NO! :boo: :mad:

I wouldn't pay £35.00 pounds for less. Everyone is much better off with VHS box set and pay £5.00 pounds less and get more shows than the DVD's in one fell swoop. NAUGHTY HMV/CTHE :grouchy:

mattyboy

Reaction score
Sorry, They've taken off Liberace's episode, not John Denver's and there are 7 episodes per dosc, sorry!!!

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I have the 15 Time Life DVDs but would have gladly paid £34.99 for 11 new episodes on DVD - but now we're down to 7 new episodes I'm not too sure I want to pay that much especially when some of those will probably be on Time Life's Vols 16-20 when they finally surface (and I'm confident they will!).

Oh well I ordered the UK Muppet Family Christmas DVD last night (after watching my highly edited Region 1 copy one last time!!!) and we still have The Very Best Of Vol. 3 to look forward to!!!