New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this January

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I think one of the greatest things about DVD combined with the internet is how easy and cheap it is to get releases from all around the world.

Of course I've had a multi-region player since the early days (back in '98!) so I can pick and choose (in fact I used to buy DVDs exclusively from the US but as the format has taken off over here I have found myself buying more and more UK ones too). But my advice is either look into hacking your current player (which is often quite easy) or buy a new mult-region player which can be picked up quite cheaply if you shop around... and then you too can pick your DVDs from all around the world!!!

Foodie

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Hmmm, I dont know about The Muppet Show DVD.
See the previous two we've had where just DVD form of the VHS previously released, Or maybe they sold so well that they are making a third volume (I hope thats the case!)

By the way Dwayne, Fraggle Rock is only available on DVD in France, Big shot.

see ya

Really? As in for sale now?

Nick :smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
The French Fraggle Rock DVD set has been out for a while now. You can find it here

Garsh! I need to keep up with my fraggles a little better. :smirk:

So, um, will the play on US DVD players?

Nick :smirk:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
You need a player that can handle Region 2.

I'am not sure, but I think I can remember that these DVD's don't have english subtitels.

Foodie

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
You need a player that can handle Region 2.

I'am not sure, but I think I can remember that these DVD's don't have english subtitels.
I'll hafta check my player.

Heh heh. So, does anyone know how I may be able to go about getting at set? :smirk:

Nick

anathema

Reaction score
Foodie said:
I'll hafta check my player.

Heh heh. So, does anyone know how I may be able to go about getting at set? :smirk:

Nick
You should be able to order them from amazon.fr.

However, some things to bear in mind: these have neither an English soundtrack nor subtitles; they're the French versions of the show (ie, the Doc/Sprockett and Traveling Matt segments are different); and they're PAL conversions from the original NTSC tapes. Very very *bad* conversions. I really wouldn't waste your money ;-)

Foodie

Reaction score
anathema said:
You should be able to order them from amazon.fr.

However, some things to bear in mind: these have neither an English soundtrack nor subtitles; they're the French versions of the show (ie, the Doc/Sprockett and Traveling Matt segments are different); and they're PAL conversions from the original NTSC tapes. Very very *bad* conversions. I really wouldn't waste your money ;-)
Ah, I see. I bought a set anyway just to add to my collection. Maybe some day I'll find a way to watch them. I've never seen a full episode with any of the foreign Docs.
:smirk:

Nick

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Update 2

I just found this at dvdtimes.co.uk............. And it's not good :embarrassed:

Columbia Tristar have sent through their tentative UK Region 2 release schedule for January and February 2004 that includes a few high profile titles including Identity, Tears of the Sun, Bad Boys 2 and the one you've all been waiting for, Gigli. Also present are three new Asian movie releases on 19th January including Returner. Here is the full list, but please note these dates are subject to change...

12th January 2004:
  • Identity
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • SIN
  • World Rally Championship 2003 Highlights
  • There's A Girl In My Soup
  • Born Free & Living Free 2-on-1 DVD
  • Cirque Du Soleil - 4 Title Pack - Dralion, Varekai, Journey of Man and Baroque

19th January 2004:
  • Double Vision
  • So Close
  • Returner

26th January 2004:

• Buffalo 66
  • The Code (La Mentale)
  • Stella Street
  • The Muppet Show - Best of Volume 3
  • Dark Crystal - Collector's Edition

2nd February 2004:
  • Gigli
  • Cirque Du Soleil - 4 Title Pack - Nouvelle Experience, Saltimbanco, Reinvente and Magie Continue

9th February 2004:
  • My Big Fat Greek Life

16th February 2004:
  • Tears of the Sun
  • All The Real Girls
  • Belly of the Beast
  • Swan Princess 1, 2, 3 & Singalong DVD
  • Annie Special Edition
  • Matilda Special Edition
  • Tess

23rd February 2004:
  • Bad Boys 2
  • Naked Fish
  • Wild Things 2
  • Red Water
  • Boston Kickout

That is all we have for now as absolutely no official details have been issued for these titles, but rest assured as soon as they are DVDTimes will have them first.

dvdtimes.co.uk
What happened to Fraggle Rock? :confused: :eek: ....... I'm not happy :boo:

Luke

Reaction score
That was the same list I got, like I said - FR doesn't appear at all !