Name Your Top 5

BEAR

Reaction score
Everyone, name your top 5 favorite Sesame Street Muppet characters of all-time. Then, I want you to name any of the characters you absolutely do not care for. They can be from any era. I am just interested to know who everyone likes and dislikes. You may state any reasons you have for your answers. This will not be a place for us to judge or criticize you for liking or disliking a certain character. Just interesting to know.

I will post mine later after I think about it a bit more. As you know I adore them all for the most part so it is a tough call for me.

Ziffel

Reaction score
My top 5:

(1) Bert
(2) Ernie
(3) Cookie Monster
(4) Kermit
(5) Grover

I almost want to put Lefty the Salesman at 4 or 5 but Kermit and Grover have brought us so much fun and were in so much more sketches. Lots of other great ones too. I really liked every one of the classic muppets.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Great thread. I'm adding reasons!! For your entertainment. :stick_out_tongue:

Grover: He's furry, cute, loveable, and isn't afraid to tell you so. He's also a superhero. And he tries so hard at everything. How can you not love him?

Prairie Dawn: I liked her because she played the piano.

Vincent Twice Vincent Twice: Because, to this day my mum will still say "Vincent Twice, Vincent Twice!" everytime she hears the name of Vincent Price. And that my friends is gold.

Dodi the pilot from Canadian Sesame Street / Sesame Park : Um, she had a plane, you guys. How cool is that? Actually I loved all the characters from that show, especially Basil the Bear, and Katie.
Except Louie... I never liked Louie.

Now, this last one is really hard. I love so many characters. But I am going to have to choose...
Oscar the Grouch: Just because he's always been there, with his commentary. he made me laugh when I was little. And he's never ever going to go away. He's too grumpy to do that. :grouchy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really like Oscar The Grouch, Grover, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, Sully, and Fat Blue. I don't really care too much for Joey Monkey, Davey Monkey, The Elephant, Zoe, or any of the monsters from Monster Clubhouse (with the exception of Mel).

F

furryredmonster

1) Elmo (Who did you expect me to put?) Elmo is the cutest, furriest, redest, monster on all Sesame Street. What is their not to love about Elmo?

2) Ernie I love Ernies laugh the most. Ernie just makes me smile.... Ernie is one of the best.

3) Grover I love Grover!! Grover is always so nice.... and always funny.

4) COOKIE MONSTER i love cookie monster he is the best. mabybe its his voice.... maybe its not I jsut do not know...

5) Zoe Zoe is Elmo's best friend. And she is very very kool.

DISLIKES:

1) I forget his name but the bear that sings that song "he's a hero... he's a guy" I cant not stand that dude!!!!

2) Telly I do not know why... it's just something about him...

3) Rosita I think thats her... the muppet thats aqua, blue, or green or something. Do not know why either.

That's the end of this list.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Furryred you mean 'Baby Beow'? I'm positively sure that he's on speed or something...