My own MC memories with Bill

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Nice T*K*O retrospective, Marty! It was fun to have you on the series because it felt even MORE like a M*A*S*H homage with you around!

Father Marty's Muppet Ministry is the only T*K*O spin-off that actually saw the light of day.

I was actually going to do another about Toga's old organization THO (Thread Hijackers Organization), but it was shelved.
...Really?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah. He was going to do T*H*O, but Number One and the rest felt like one show was enough, it seems.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah. He was going to do T*H*O, but Number One and the rest felt like one show was enough, it seems.
That's funny, 'cause I don't know if you know T*K*O at all, but for the purposes of executive decisions, I'm Number One. I don't see how you knew anything about this spin-off if Snowth didn't even mention it to me... :confused:

Snowthers, I have our website URL but I don't remember the wiki one! I want to see what Marty added to it. I need you to find that for me, pretty please? *bats her eyelashes in a cutesy way*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's funny, 'cause I don't know if you know T*K*O at all, but for the purposes of executive decisions, I'm Number One.
In the T*K*O Wiki, it said Phillip Chapman was Number One & that you were just the head of the T*K*O unit.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, he's the character. We tried to write in as many actual MC members as possible into the show, matching up roles that we needed to fill with real personas that matched as closely as possible. But I can guarantee you that the real Phil has no idea what T*K*O is and that he's even mentioned in it! Even our season one character/ real member KermieBaby47 didn't know he was in the show until we wrote him out of it and gave him a goodbye episode.

But have no fear, I've got the straight story for ya: I'm the creator, creative consultant, and executive producer. I also designed/ran the website and created the wiki (which is easier to maintain than the old site). I created the original thread, titled "Thread Killers Organisation, or TKO". Vic Romano is the one who came up with the actual expression "Thread Killers". Snowthy loved the thread so much that he wanted to write scripts and so between all of us we ran with the idea. I did very little actual writing but tried to help my best with ideas for the scripts, though we all know that Snowthers excelled in that department! I was more of the (wo)man behind the curtain.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, he's the character. We tried to write in as many actual MC members as possible into the show, matching up roles that we needed to fill with real personas that matched as closely as possible. But I can guarantee you that the real Phil has no idea what T*K*O is and that he's even mentioned in it! Even our season one character/ real member KermieBaby47 didn't know he was in the show until we wrote him out of it and gave him a goodbye episode.

But have no fear, I've got the straight story for ya: I'm the creator, creative consultant, and executive producer. I also designed/ran the website and created the wiki (which is easier to maintain than the old site). I created the original thread, titled "Thread Killers Organisation, or TKO". Vic Romano is the one who came up with the actual expression "Thread Killers". Snowthy loved the thread so much that he wanted to write scripts and so between all of us we ran with the idea. I did very little actual writing but tried to help my best with ideas for the scripts, though we all know that Snowthers excelled in that department! I was more of the (wo)man behind the curtain.
And you all excelled really well. T*K*O was certainly well-received.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bill: While you're all chatting among yourselves I'd just like to let you know that Marty will be back very soon tomorrow to talk about his fan fictions with me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh good, 'cause for a minute there, I was beginning to think Marty had left us hangin'.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Marty: And finally we're back again. Ready Bill?

Bill: I sure am Marty. Snowth was beginning to think we wouldn't be back I reckon.

Marty: It has been awhile because I've been working over at the T*K*O website. That's all.
Anyway the people here have all been very supportive to me over my family problems. I poured out all my feelings on the boards shortly after I joined and I just want to say a big thank you for all the compassion and sympathy I received from everybody. Things are much better now.

Bill: I'm so glad to hear that Marty. You get along with your folk much more nicely now eh?

Marty: Yes. But I'll talk more about it later on. I'm getting slightly ahead of myself, but I wanted to express my gratitude at this moment.

Bill: I know everybody will be very delighted Marty.

Marty: Yeah Bill. Well now let's talk about my fan fiction writing.

Bill: What started you off on that trend Marty?

Marty: I had a bit of a look at other people's fan fics including including Sara's srories that I mentioned earlier. I thought to myself "How remarkably cute all these stories centering around Muppet characters are" and I decided to have a go myself. In the end it was all just like part of my "therapy". Fan fiction gave me something to dwell upon other than my personal worries all the time. It benefited me tremendously.

Bill: How many stories did you write Marty?

Marty: My earliest stories were "Super-Grover and the Sesame Street Cat-Burglar" and "Pops Falls In Love" Perhaps I'll post the links in here sometime.
They were very well received. I also began a story about how the Great Gorg Empire was reduced to only Ma, Pa and Junior but that has been perpetually on hold. One day I hope to own Fraggle Rock on DVD and watch it for reference to certain episodes I vaguely remember to help me base the story's foundations.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw... I don't seem to remember the Super Grover story, but I DO remember your old "Pops in Love" story, lol.

Thanks for continuing Marty!