My Life with Polysithimia: One Year On

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
On the 15th August 2017 I was officially diagnosed with a blood disorder called Polysithimia and from that one phone call on our way home from the hospital our lives change forever.

For the next week I was in Adenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and have been returning every month for regular appointments

But in January I hit a bump in the road when I had my third mini stroke which really set me back big time. I had a fourth in March

Speaking of March id like to take the time to apologise to all members of MC for my continuous bad behaviour (in no way should this illness be an excuse)

But anyway I'd like to thank a few people for helping me get through this tough year

First I'd like to thank Snettisham Cricket Club for being so kind and supportive to me and my family during August last year

Secondly I'd like to thank Mr Evans and Springwood High School for helping me get through the school year (especially from January- April)

Thirdly the doctors and nurses of the Adenbrookes children's Oncology and Hemotology ward for their amazing work during August. Also to the team at the Kings Lynn hospital for finding the disorder

And also the amazing team down in the children's day unit for doing such an amazing job.

And all our friends and family for looking out for me and my family during the last year and I don't know where id be without them

And a HUGE thank you to Dr Anne Kelly for being such a brilliant doctor who would go out of the way to make sure that you got the best treatment possible.

AND FINALLY the biggest thank you goes to my Mum,Dad and my sister for being the best family I could possibly ask for.

We have been through a lot but what ever life will throw at us in the next year. WE WILL RISE THROUGH IT.

Watch us rise!

Conor

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can understand how frustrating it is having to live with this condition, especially at the age of 15.

Having suffered from high blood pressure for 3 years (I stress ate ALOT when I was in college and let myself go), I can say I'm really grateful to have treated my body with a proper diet and exercise.

I will also let you in on a secret - I've also suffered from a few mini strokes (or at least been near close to having them) as a result. Thankfully, no permanent damage (at least, I hope not) but they were scary experiences, for sure. Just know you aren't alone.

The key thing I've learned with having a chronic illness or condition is to just not let it get the best of you. Being able to laugh at it can be a really good medicine.

In the mean time, I just hope your condition has since improved and you're getting better each day.

Last edited:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I can understand how frustrating it is having to live with this condition, especially at the age of 15.

Having suffered from high blood pressure for 3 years (I stress ate ALOT when I was in college and let myself go), I can say I'm really grateful to have treated my body with a proper diet and exercise.

I will also let you in on a secret - I've also suffered from a few mini strokes (or at least been near close to having them) as a result. Thankfully, no permanent damage (at least, I hope not) but they were scary experiences, for sure. Just know you aren't alone.

The key thing I've learned with having a chronic illness or condition is to just not let it get the best of you. Being able to laugh at it can be a really good medicine.

In the mean time, I just hope your condition has since improved and you're getting better each day.

Wow man whoever would have guessed that two healthy people under the age of 30 would have both been cursed by experiencing horrible mini strokes. But I guess it's the same for you whatever the illness throws at me I'll rise through it stronger

And feel free to use my moto when things get tough: Watch Me Rise which is saying that you will prove doubters wrong, you will come though something challenging and you will defeat someone who is doubting your ability (cough @gavry3 cough).

Feel free to use it when things get tough