Muppet Voices: On with the Show

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that in The Muppets: On with the Show, that voices occassionally appear. The scenes between the games just have text instead of hearign their covnersations, but occassionaly voices are heard, and in the game shtemselves smal amounts of voices are ehard. Does anybody know whetehr the actual performers provided the vocies, or if they were just imitators (which I think is more likely)?

If imitators, some of them sound really good. Miss Piggy's "kissy kissy" and Fozzis' "wocka" do sound like they could have been Frank Oz or Eric Jacobson. When Statler and Waldorf are ehard laughing, it really sounds like Dave Goelz as Waldorf (or is it Statler?), though I don't hear Jerry Nelson in Statler's voice. Beaker, Animal, and The Swedish Chef sound pretty accurate, but their voices aren't too hard to do.

But in Gonzo's levle, wheneve rhe gewts hit he makes a short noise that doesn't sound like Gonzos voice. And when Kermit introduces the acts, he is heard shouting "Yayyyyy", and it doens't sound like Kermit at all (why do most Kermit impersonators have Kermit either sound like Baby Kermit or like a retard?). All of these vocal appearances are brief, so I guess it's more likely that imitators did the voices. If the actual performers provided the vocies then I think we would have heard their conversations between the games, instead of just having to read them.

I noticed that Spy Mupets is a bit simialr, with dialogue being written instead of heard, and occassional voices being heard. Pepe is heard laughing in his level, but whoever did his voice there did a pretty good job at matching Bill Barretta (if it wasn't Barretta).