Muppet Show Season One

34Wrestler

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can buy copies of all of the Muppet Show Season One episodes (preferably in sequence) where the show airs with its' original opening? Since the late 80s season one has never been aired with its' original opening. Can anyone help me out?
-Michael

Ernie101

Reaction score
No but if nayone does i would also like to know

tygerbug

Reaction score
I have copies of the original British masters, my dad used them as reference, he's the guy who did the Muppet comic strip. But they're on Beta. Watched them to death when I was a kid, a lot of the tapes are messed up now but will probably still play if anyone has a beta player ... I don't. They're somewhat amusing because you can hear a British voice counting down the seconds during the commercial breaks! I recall those having the "UK sketches" and I'm sure they'd have the original openings. Low quality Betas ... if anyone has a Beta player, I don't need those old tapes anymore and would accept trades for the actual tapes if I can ever get them ... they're back with my mother in Carlsbad CA. I'd want nice rare stuff in exchange like original pilots ...

tygerbug

Reaction score
It occurs to me that somewhere round here I also have the original opening sequence to the Muppet Babies show, as aired on CBS. It's a lot longer than the later airings and has a whole verse where all the characters introduce each other ("I like adventure, I like romance, I love great jokes, Animal dance! I've got my computer, I fly through the air, I play the piano, and I've got blue hair, ha! We like inventions, mee mee mee mee, is everything all right in here? Yes Nanny.") ... If anyone doesn't have or know about that. The original ending credits also had different music ... the real backing track to the opening theme, with no singing, just "down down, woop, down down, woop" backup singing. It was later replaced with the familiar closing theme I seem to remember as the theme to the aborted Muppet Monsters show. "We're the Muppet Monsters" was the lyrics ... am I right in this? I never saw the show, but I actually remember my dad creating merchandise for it ... I recall he drew a kid's plastic puzzle which had a little purple baby monster on it. That's all I remember from that show.