Muppet Appearances on Mike & Mike

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Gonna use this thread to post and keep track of the clips that show up or mentions of Muppets on the show. What show is this? Mike & Mike in the Morning airs on ESPN Radio stations across the US and internet broadcasters, along with a simulcast on TV on ESPN 2. It's one of my fave shows, I watch it regularly and have so for the last two years I'd say.

Here are a few of the clips that'v gotten used on the show so far.
1 Statler and Waldorf commenting about the show being over, and sleeping through the show itself.
2 Cookie Monster appearing to say "Now me eat cookies."
3 C is for Cookie got played briefly at some moment last year, whenthey were asking people to guess which of the two hosts is more identified by which song.
4 The latest one, during the intro to one of the four hours of the show, were two clips from TMM:
a. Floyd asking Bunsen: "What are you dudes doing here?"
Bunsen: "Ah, I'm glad you asked."
b. Fozzie saying: "Why don't you join us?"

That is all for now,if any more surface I'll report 'em here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! Another reported appearance by the Muppets on this ESPN2 radio/TV talk show. So in honor of Valentine's Day, the show started off one of its four hours playing some music appropriate for the holiday, trying to find a suitable Valentine's Day song. The first one they played?
A vid clip of Kermit singing "Together Again"!
One of the hosts, Mike Goelic (the ex-football player) scoffed at this... "The Muppets???"

Yeah! The Muppets! We're coming to take over Manhattan! And your hearts!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Here's a Muppet appearances update!

During the Week 4 Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks segment, where they pick who'll win, lose, and point spreads for three NFL games... There were 3, 3 Muppet clips!
First up, Kermit talking to Gonzo after they secured a taxi to get them to the Happiness Hotel.
Kermit: That sure was effective.
Gonzo: Sure, when it works.

Second, there was the bit from the Muppet Movie right after we meet the Electric Mayhem.
Dr. Teeth: This is indeed a problem for us to probusculate over.

Third, and last, you have to watch for it cause it's not that evident... There's a clip of Statler assessing the state of the Happiness Hotel.
Statler: What a dump!

If you missed it earlier today, Friday 9/28/2007, don't worry as it'll air again on ESPN2 at 9:40 AM EDT. It takes a while to get to these clips, just watch the entire SCLPL segment.

Enjoy!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Another Muppet clip was used on the show today. This time around, during the Week 8 NFL Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks segment... They opened with a piece of the Fraggle Rock theme song. They even had Boober at the end saying his lone "Down at Fraggle Rock" line. To quote the Family Guy clip at the end with Chris Griffin and the character voiced by John Barrymore: "It was awesome! It was the most awesome thing ever!"
If you missed it earlier, don't worry, it'll air again at around 9:40 AM EST.

Hope this helps and hope more people catch it.