Monster Maker 1987 TV Aired Special Question

MarieIsabella

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:smile:

I am new to Muppet Central, but a huge Fan of Henson, exspecially anything Creature Shop make. Wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the Jim Henson Hour, Monster Maker TV Special. I desperately would like to see it, but I can't find it on video anywhere, which leads me to believe it was never made.

Please let me know if you know anything about it, or where I can get it of available!

Thanks~:excited:
Marie Isabella

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was broadcast on TV. It was first broadcast on NBC in 1989 as an epsiode of The Jim Henson Hour. It was later shown on television as a stand-alone special, without The Jim Henson Hour opening, and without Jim Hensons introductions and closing scenes. It was shown on Nickelodeon in 1993 and on The Oddyssey Channel in 1999 and (probably) 2000.

It has never been released on video, laserdisc, or DVD, but then again, a lot of Henson productions have never been reelased commercially on any video format. However, there are a lot of members here who have video copies of many Henson productions who also do tape trades online. There is one member, Boober Gorg, who has a tape trading website, I can't think of any other members off-hand right now.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
it HAS been released on VHS Video Casette in PAL Format in Australia.

MarieIsabella

Reaction score
Monster Maker Released

Yeah I know I did a huge search and found it on some auction site, but since i don't have a PAL formatted Player, it was no good to me!:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Warrick said:
it HAS been released on VHS Video Casette in PAL Format in Australia.
Have you seen this video in person? Have you watched the video release? If yes, does it just have the special, or is The Jim Henson Hour opening and bumbers included as well?

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing this as well - someone in another thread posted that they have it for sale on DVD, but wouldnt upload it to youtube.com when I requested...sadly it appears he is only out for profit...