Me Party clip

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I know a lot of people here didn't like this song but I really enjoyed it. It was a fun, cheesy departure from The Muppets' other songs and a great duet-without-being-a-duet for Amy Adams and Miss Piggy. (And, come on...The singing food! How can you go wrong with the singing food?!?)

Watching this again the other night before I went to bed, I was reminded that the Mary character has a little more subtext than we might initially realize. She comes off as the cheerful, dutiful girlfriend in the first few scenes but you can see her slowly starting to unravel by the film's halfway point, bringing it to a climax in this number.

I remember being a little disappointed at first that Amy Adams wasn't given more big Enchanted-type numbers to sing, but seeing this again reminded me that it was better for all involved that she got another chance to shine by playing a very different character than Giselle.

Beauregard

Reaction score
She comes off as the cheerful, dutiful girlfriend in the first few scenes but you can see her slowly starting to unravel by the film's halfway point, bringing it to a climax in this number.
I actually felt that her character arc came to its climax when SHE accepted who Gary was as well as expecting him to accept who she was. Because for the whole film, she claims to be happy going along with him...while secretly (and understandably) being against it (see how angry she is inside when she uses the thesaurus!). Now really, she should have told him much earlier on in A. their relationship and B. their holiday, that she wasn't happy with the situation...rather than smiling sweetly and hoping for things to change (take control of your destiny, girl!) so, I was glad that she finally stood her ground and went home...but then later came back to LA with Gary without any bitterness.

Similarly, Gary's arc involved him accepting that she also wanted time, and returning home to her happily (not grudgingly at all!) after he sung a whole song about it.

Wow...Just realized how deep the movie made those characters without realizing it!

Edit: I just realize that Amy Adams was channeling about 15 different emotions. I love her even more!

basicallygood

Reaction score
This song was great! I laughed so hard in the theater (both times I saw it :laugh:). Especially at the part around 1:15 when Amy sings, "I'm such good company!" The look on her face is just priceless! :big_grin: