McDonald's muppet advertising displays value??

Debbiedoodle

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me who I may contact to appraise some Muppet McDonald advertising displays from the eighties. They were used to hang from the ceiling. I was given these when I was an employee back in the day and have kept them as part of my McDonald's collection. I have to cell my collection and would like to have these appraised. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Debbiedoodle. I know it doesn't sound very helpful, but truly the best place would be to look around ebay to see what similar McD promo stuff is going for from that era. You've got two fan bases to consider when it comes to a Muppet McD collectible: Muppet fans and McDonalds fans. And then there's the whole issue of condition. There might be some Muppet fans around here that could give your their opinion but these kinds of questions come up a lot and often get overlooked.

Your McD collectors would probably have a better idea what paraphanalia like that would go for, so if you might want to pose your question to those type of boards as well.

These kinds of things are always so subjective and I have found that it might be best just to determine what price you want to get for your item and start there. Good luck!

Debbiedoodle

Reaction score
Thank You Cindy. I see what you mean. I am fairly new to searching the Internet and I just went on eBay and could not believe all the ads for Muppets let alone McDonalds. My daughter says I should take pictures before I go any further in case people want to see them/condition. I will keep up the search. Thanks again for the advice.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you'll definitely need pictures for when the time comes to sell - so that sounds like a good start!

Also, just curious. Was this a Muppet Babies promotion or the Great Muppet Caper promotion from the early 80's? Typically Muppet Babies don't sell as well as Muppets but there's definitely collectors out there for both.

Debbiedoodle

Reaction score
Yes they are from the Great Muppet Caper. I was working for McDonalds at the time and we were also given a set of the glasses as well. At the time my mom said I should add to the set to make a set of six each and put them away. They have been packed away with the rest of my collection so ce then but now I have a children going off to university next year so I have decided to sell them.

I will take some pictures for sure as I have spent most of the day playing around with google and eBay and there is a lot of stuff for sale out there. I mat even have time to see what else I have in the collection that may be Muppet collectible. Thanks again for your help.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I think she said they are from a GMC promotion, which is very cool! I don't remember much more than the glasses (I have a set of 4, are there more?), so I'm very curious to see the hanging display, and if there were toys.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I think she said they are from a GMC promotion, which is very cool! I don't remember much more than the glasses (I have a set of 4, are there more?), so I'm very curious to see the hanging display, and if there were toys.

Cheers!
Anthony
Here's some TGMC promotional items in our Collectibles Section.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks Cindy! I'm checking that out right now in another tab. Oh, and I checked Debbie's Wiki link above and saw that the other items for their GMC promotion were posters... OH MAN I want those!! Ha ha.

Cheers,
Anthony

EDIT: Just checked out that page, you guys are missing the Jack In the Box figures!! I dunno if they were from the UK or Australia, but if I can dig 'em out (they're all still in their bags, save for Fozzie), I'll definitely take some pics! :wink: