MC - The Revival

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Helloooooo everybodeeeeeeee! It is your old pal Beakie!

I've been popping in and out of MC a lot the last few months, and I've noticed something - there has been a lot of complaining, and a lot of leaving. I'll admit, I've been doing some of the complaining as well, but this has got to stop. It's not going to be the same as it used to be if all anyone does is gripe about it and fight with each other!

Therefore, I have a proposition:

Seeing as it is so close to the New Year, I propose we all do our best to make this coming year MC's best. This means we cut the squabbling and snarky remarks, the finger pointing, and the grouchiness (unless of course you're a Grouch, then it is perfectly acceptable). Not all of us know what MC used to be like- not everyone got to see MC when it really felt like a tight-nit family. But some of us DO, so it is our job to bring that feeling back.

When I first joined MC, I knew very little about the Muppets. I kept coming, though, because everyone was SO nice to me and made me feel right at home. Everybody treated me like an equal - not like a newbie or a "wanna-be fan". And you know what else? Muffins and ziffles. Threads were full of them, because nobody cared about staying "on topic".

It seems to me that MC needs a heaping helping of the spirit of Jim Henson (and Richard Hunt, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and everyone else!) In short, my new years resolution this year is to take Daniel's (aka Tehehman) motto and "LOVE EVERYBODY!"

WHO'S WITH ME? :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'll be with you on this Alex. Every time I read your signature I always think to myself that I'm making it my resolve to be the good friend mentioned among those three things you say we need to survive in the world. Well I love God and I admire Jim Henson and I always have striven to be a good friend to everybody here.

So I'm in on your New Years Resolution not 100% but 1000% :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'd sure love to see that happen too. Life is too short to be negative all the time people. Let's try our best to embrace Jim's vision.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Right on. I'm on board with this 100%. Thank you, Alex, for starting this thread. Something like this has been needing to happen for... quite awhile now. I sincerely hope this thread takes effect. I'd love for the "Love Everybody" spirit to return to MC.

A friend of mine recently reminded me of how in the old days every post on MC used to be information second, make people laugh first... so, in that vein...

Pork-pie hats and jello-filled socks!

:zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea.

I've been here since 2000 and lurked long before that, yet my post-count has now decreased in relation to how connected I feel to the forum. I've had little success with reviving the site and forum (which should go hand-in-hand), but I'll certainly post more if MC starts taking a familiar road. Otherwise, I'll pop in here like the past few weeks - for a bit of news or to show any LGBT MC members that they are not alone.

It would be nice if this idea took some momentum.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Whoohoo! I'm so glad you guys are in on this :smile:

These socks are AWESOME Prawnie. Can I get a pair for my hands too?