Make a New Custom Password Or Account Deletion?

Rowlfy

Reaction score
I once lost my original password so I requested help to change my password. It worked but its rally hard to memorize a big jumble of words and letters. Is it possible to change your password and choose what you want it to be? Or is it possible I can delete my account and create a new one under the same email?
Thanks!
Rowlfy:sympathy:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Highlight your name on the top toolbar, then in the box that drops down, click password at the very bottom

Rowlfy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but it says my existing password is incorrect, which is false because I copied and pasted from the password reseting email. Is there a way I can delete my account (so I can create a new one?)?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, you should be able to change your password quite easily.

If you're logged in to the forums, go to the forums main page.
At the very bottom you should have a link to "View Your Profile", followed by your user name and status as a new heading.
Beneath that you'll find quick links to help you change your settings, the last of which is a link titled Password.
Once you click on that, you'll have to type your original MC password, the new one you wish to have, and then confirm it by typing it a second time, then click on the Save Changes link/button when finished.

If this doesn't work...
Please do not delete and create a new secondary account.
1 You won't be able to delete your MC account, only a member of the staff can do that, and for a long-time member such as yourself the administrator might be the only one able to do so.
2 Creating a secondary or duplicate account is against forum rules, as it triggers our Multiple Accounts tool.
3 Contact Phillip through the forums' "Contact Us" link to see if he can help you achieve the desired password change.

Hope this helps.

Rowlfy

Reaction score
Hi, you should be able to change your password quite easily.

If you're logged in to the forums, go to the forums main page.
At the very bottom you should have a link to "View Your Profile", followed by your user name and status as a new heading.
Beneath that you'll find quick links to help you change your settings, the last of which is a link titled Password.
Once you click on that, you'll have to type your original MC password, the new one you wish to have, and then confirm it by typing it a second time, then click on the Save Changes link/button when finished.

If this doesn't work...
Please do not delete and create a new secondary account.
1 You won't be able to delete your MC account, only a member of the staff can do that, and for a long-time member such as yourself the administrator might be the only one able to do so.
2 Creating a secondary or duplicate account is against forum rules, as it triggers our Multiple Accounts tool.
3 Contact Phillip through the forums' "Contact Us" link to see if he can help you achieve the desired password change.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help :big_grin: