Looking for Two Sesame Clips online

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I just discovered the wonderful world of Sesame Street on Youtube, and am in heaven. I thought I had such a great memory but I'm surprised how many clips I'm finding that I'd long forgotten. What great Stuff! Anyway, I am trying to find 2 clips, both of which I am a bit hazy about:

1)Ernie (and/or Bert) is building with some blocks, and the Count comes and hypnotizes him, so that he can count his blocks. I think this is the sketch that made me afraid of the count when I was little. He's kinda creepy in this one isn't he?

2)A short and a tall alien. The tall one can reach the peach on the tree but his arms are too short to eat it, and the short one can eat the peach if only he could get it off the tree in the first place. Say it together: "Co-oper-ation".

If anyone knows where I can find these online, that would be awesome! Thanks.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I remember the first sketch, but I definitely remember the second one with the nectarines! That was a very surreal sketch! Yes, I'd love to see that one again too!

PiLfan

Reaction score
as for the B&E with Count sketch, it's actually a couple of fragmented clips where i think Bert has toy blocks set up in a certain way he wants and has Ernie watch them for him...to which of course the Count comes along and tries to count each one by hand, thus disrupting the design Bert had made. When Ernie tries to stop him, the count throws up his hands and freezes him....i remember this scene and it freaked me out as a kid.

i've looked for this and other clips at Kazaa, bearshare and other P2P programs, but this one never showed up, so i don't have it to upload unfortunately.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit of information...

The sketch with the aliens and the nectarines... Their names are Geefel and Gonk.

The sketch with The Count counting Bert's blocks... Other members have posted what happened, though I've never seen it myself. When Ernie tries to stop the Count from counting Bert's blocks, The Count uses his vampiric mesmorism to turn Ernie into a zombie... After counting the blocks, he leaves them I think, with Ernie snapped out of the trance before Bert comes back. The Count comes back to count the blocks again, putting them back in order... Bert and Ernie are both left a bit creeped out from the encounter.
Me thinks this was one of the Count's first appearances in Season 3.

You might want to talk to some of the trusted tape traders like Boober_Gorg, MuppetDude who's on summer vacation, or Justin Faulknor to see if they can help.

zns

Reaction score
The Bert and Ernie sketch that you guys are talking about was actually The Count's first appearance. Here's what happens in this bit. Ernie and Bert are on the brick wall set. Ernie has just made a block pyramid and tells Bert to make sure that nothing happens to them so that he can go and get his camera and take a picture of them. As Ernie exits, The Count arrives and decides to count Ernie's blocks. Bert tries to get him to go away, but the Count tells him to keep quiet and hypnotizes him so that he can count in peace. However, he has trouble with it since they're stacked in a pyramid, so he sets them in a straight line and counts them as six blocks (ah-ah-ah) and leaves. Bert starts to worry about how Ernie will react when he sees what The Count did to his pyramid. When Ernie comes back with the camera and notices what happened, he starts crying as Bert consoles him and tells him that he tried his best to keep an eye on them. Just then, The Count comes back and decides to count the blocks again, with Ernie and Bert trying to stop him, until they're both hypnotized. Of course, The Count counts six blocks once again, only this time, he puts them back into a pyramid. Once he's finished, he asks Bert what he was trying to say to him. Bert tells him that he took apart Ernie's pyramid and that he "should leave things where they are". The Count apologizes and puts them back the way they were, in a straight line, and of course, counts them as he does so. He exits and Bert brags to Ernie how he "showed him a thing-or-two", to which Ernie shows him that the blocks are in a straight line. This is probably one of my favorite Ernie and Bert sketches ever done. Hope this description helps. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Was there another Count sketch with a physical altercation? I seem to remember the Count physically wrestling with either Bert or Ernie as they tried to stop him from whatever he was doing. I remember how his voice was so much scarier- he kind of hissed. Thanks for all this info guys.

I also really remember thinking that the blocks looked like they were edible. As a kid, lots of things looked good to eat :smile: They were pastel colored, and didn't have hard edges, almost like they were doughy or something. Funny the things that stick with you...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... There's the classic sketch where the Count counts 5, found in both the VHS and I guess DVD releases of Learning Your Numbers.

The Count hires Ernie to answer his telephone, warning the lad the job will be wery difficult. Ernie wonders why answering the telephone would be difficult, until...
A call comes in and the phone rings, and of course The Count wants to count the rings... But he ends up wrestling with Ernie to count the rings, which total 5. Ernie gets away and answers, only to find the person hung up.
Count: Of course they hung up, you took too long."
*Phone rings again.
Count: "Ah ha! They're calling back!"
Hope this helps.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Thanks Count! Yeah that sounds really familiar. Man as much as the Count scared me, I don't think I would have taken that job if I were Ernie. Anyone seen that sketch online?

gonzofan13

Reaction score
i think its called the count counts ernies blocks