Little people in a flower pot

luso

Reaction score
hello everybody in the forum, i'm trying to remembere the name of some little persons who lives in a flowerpot of a family in sesamestreet.
I don't know more about that guys but if someone can help me, thank you very much.
So if someone spanish visit the forum, and can tell me the name in spanish, so much better, thanx

Hays

Reaction score
luso said:
hello everybody in the forum, i'm trying to remembere the name of some little persons who lives in a flowerpot of a family in sesamestreet.
I don't know more about that guys but if someone can help me, thank you very much.
So if someone spanish visit the forum, and can tell me the name in spanish, so much better, thanx
Me disculpo por mi español inadecuado. Estoy utilizando el traductor de Alta Vista. Pienso que usted significa los insectos de la vuelta ligera, "Twiddle Bugs"

Espero algún día poder hacer esto mismo, sin una computadora. ¡Espere que esto le ayudara!

luso

Reaction score
thank you

Hays said:
Me disculpo por mi español inadecuado. Estoy utilizando el traductor de Alta Vista. Pienso que usted significa los insectos de la vuelta ligera, "Twiddle Bugs"

Espero algún día poder hacer esto mismo, sin una computadora. ¡Espere que esto le ayudara!
thank you very much, you have helped me a lot(sorry too for my english)
i will try to translate that name Twiddle Bugs" to spanish, but it's a begining.
thank you

pd: don't worry about the spanish, it's a difficult language, don't exasperate. :wink: bye

luso

Reaction score
luso said:
thank you very much, you have helped me a lot(sorry too for my english)
i will try to translate that name Twiddle Bugs" to spanish, but it's a begining.
thank you

pd: don't worry about the spanish, it's a difficult language, don't exasperate. :wink: bye
hey one more thing, do you know where can i get some pictures of this people, the twiddle bugs?
in spain they are called Nabukodosorcitos jeje

Pino

Reaction score
I remember a scene that they lived at Bert and Ernies home! :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

Splurge

Reaction score
Pino said:
I remember a scene that they lived at Bert and Ernies home! :frown: :stick_out_tongue:
Well, the Twiddlebug family does actually live in Ernie's window box. Sometimes Ernie introduces them by pondering aloud what the Twiddlebugs are up to today.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count, a fellow Spanish speaker after all the years of continuous living down here in Puerto Rico. As usual a few things.

1 Though I profess that my personal first language is English, I also speak Spanish fluently and can help out with any questions you may have.
2 My participation in this thread was requested by Hayes, and I decided to respond with what information I do have.
3 Hayes, sorry, but I don't have any pics of the Twiddlebugs. BTW: What did you mean to say in English in your previous post when you said "vuelta lijera"? Except for that, the only mistakes were in your exclamation at the end of the post. "Espere" should be "espero", the Spanish word of the verb "hope" conjugated for the first person singular in the present tense; and "ayudare" should be "ayude", the Spanish word for the verb "help" conjugated for the second person singular in a simple future tense.
4 As for information on the Twiddlebugs, since that's an English name, then it would be perfectly acceptable in Spanish as is. Proper names suffer a dual modality when coming from an English source to the Spanish language: they can either be translated into a new name altogether, be pronounced with Spanish entonnation which might change the name's actual and correct English spelling, or may be accepted as they're written correctly in English but pronounced with Spanish entonnation.
5 There are four Twiddlebugs in the main family: Theodore, a fat blue male Twiddlebug who's the father; Tessie, a tall violet female Twiddlebug who's the mother; Tina, a red female Twiddlebug smaller than her mom but taller than her brother who's the family's daughter; and Teddy, an orange-brown male Twiddlebug who's smaller than the rest of his family and who's also the family's son. They all live within a milk carton home inside the flowerbed outside the apartment window of Ernie and Bert's apartment room.
There are other Twiddlebugs in Sesame Street coloring books and storybooks and alike, but these four are the main characters who appeared on the show.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Oh, and Luso, if you're interested... You might visit a thread in the Classic Muppets section of this forum called "Muppet Listings 8.0" started by myself with help from other sources like fellow forum members and other websites. This list contains the currently posted version of my efforts to gather a listing of all characters withing the Muppet Universe. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Again, hope this helps and have a good day.

luso

Reaction score
thanx

hey, i've just got some pictures of these nabukodosorcitos, thank you for help me, how can i upload the images here¿.

Hays

Reaction score
vuelta lijera was how Alta Vista Babelfish translated "Twiddle" I think. I have only enough Spanish to get into trouble - I can usually fake a conversation if you speak Spanish and I respond in English. My son's going to a full-immersion school partially in hopes that I'll pick some up myself!

Thanks, Count!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And *in best Uncle from the Jackie Chan Adventures voice* One Moooore Thing!
Luso, this particular website's forum doesn't allow you to upload pictures or web images. You might want to ask Phil about it. Unless you're asking for help with uploading the pictures from a website to your computer, in which case, your best bet would be to seek out other more tek-sabe forum members.
Hayes, I see. The probable problem you ran into was separating the word "twiddle" from the whole name of the Twiddlebugs. The best example I can think of would be "to twiddle your thumbs", which would roughly translate into "manuciando las manos". Also, I made a mistake with the conjugation tense for the verb "ayude". This conjugation is for the first person singular and refers to what we call a "Pretérito Incompleto" or a similitude of the past participle, because of which it most often gets preceeded by the pronoun "te" as in "te ayude" which would mean "helps you".
And I hope this helps you both and that your night may be a good one.