Least favorite Fraggle episodes

Reaction score
Doh.. OK yeah I did confuse boober's quiet day with sidebottom blues.. But, you can't do that without a hat is still one of my favorite episodes.. thanks for pointing that out, its been some time since I watched them on my computer..

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
My Least Favorite episode is Red's Sea Monster. I think this could have been written just a little bit differently to make it more interesting. Also no Gorgs, and that doesn't do so well in my book.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Surprised to see so many of the same shows on the lists.

I've always loved "Battle of Leaking Roof" but it was also the first episode I ever had on tape. Of course, it also reminds me of why I used to be scared of the Gorgs- lots of eye movements. Still, funny moments and I like Pa's song. Too little use of Fraggles though.

And "All Work and All Play" is one of my favorites- I love the visual design of the Doozerdome, the almost voyeuristic feel of venturing into the Doozer world after concentrating on the Fraggles all the time leading up to it. And Cotterpin is just too cute.

I'll concur about "Catch a Tail by the Tiger"- songs were terrific, theme was muddled, and in this episode Gobo has no energy, which made me realize how big a part of his personality energy is (not just him, but all of FR).

Least favorites:
"The Doozer Contest"- too overt/preachy
"Red's Blue Dragon"- what was the point of this episode exactly? To me it was just a lot of running around.
"Let the Water Run"- dull, uneventful, muddled theme

Also, "Fraggle Wars" and "A Brush with Jealousy" were also a bit too overt/preachy for my taste.

Oh, and I haven't seen every episode, btw, but you probably figured that.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Streed

Reaction score
I'd have to say my least favorite episode is "Red's Sea Monster" it's really frustrating because the fraggles refuse to believe red saw a sea monster when literally the entire rock is populated by fantastical things, INCLUDING THEMSELVES! so already the entire basis for the plot is flawed, then towards the end of the episode the audience is supposed to be pitted against red by this really annoying line "she dug herself in and now she'll have to dig herself out" it sickens me that gobo has the audacity to say that when he's the one who composed the cruel prank against red and drove her to camping out near the lake, it's like a worse version of "Mokey's Funeral" where the characters are so uncharacteristically mean-spirited for no reason other than plot contrivance, I love fraggle rock with all my heart and I was fine with this episode as a child but through an adult lens, it really frustrates me how everyone treats red in this episode, there's a lesson there that you shouldn't put so much emphasis on pride and attention but it's bogged down by everyone being so hurtful to her, besides that, Marlon was such an underutilized antagonist, the guy has a history of being the rock's creep but he doesn't really do anything in this episode besides set up a trap, I'm not saying he should've outright murdered the lily creature, I just wish the episode gave him something more villainous to do rather than sit around, fantasize about power and set up a trap that immediately gets immobilized, over all, a very frustrating poor episode, I'd have to give it a 5/10 on the positive side, fraggle rock is as per usual gorgeous to look at, red's song is beautifully sentimental as well as nostalgic and lastly the lily creature has a very captivating design and the puppetry is masterful, these are just my thoughts on the episode I consider the worst.

P.S. Red's Blue Dragon has many of the same issues but it's less extreme

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
Speaking of reds blue dragon that's one of my least favorite episodes. When the dragon got loose in fraggle rock it would have been funny if Wembley and/or Boober had a scene with the dragon but either of them were in the episode and Mokey only had a cameo. Also there seems to be a bit of a continuity error in that at the beginning of the episode it shows gobo picking up a postcard and I thought the postcards became obsolete starting with the episode Uncle Matt's discovery. Anyway they could have done more with the plot. Another one of my least favorites is mirror mirror. Seeing a ma gorg and red plot just seems out of place. The episode would have worked a lot better with junior. Ma to me has always been a minor character so seeing a whole plot centered around her seems odd.

Streed

Reaction score
Speaking of reds blue dragon that's one of my least favorite episodes. When the dragon got loose in fraggle rock it would have been funny if Wembley and/or Boober had a scene with the dragon but either of them were in the episode and Mokey only had a cameo. Also there seems to be a bit of a continuity error in that at the beginning of the episode it shows gobo picking up a postcard and I thought the postcards became obsolete starting with the episode Uncle Matt's discovery. Anyway they could have done more with the plot. Another one of my least favorites is mirror mirror. Seeing a ma gorg and red plot just seems out of place. The episode would have worked a lot better with junior. Ma to me has always been a minor character so seeing a whole plot centered around her seems odd.
yeah I agree, I don't care for mirror, mirror either and that's actually a great point, red's blue dragon could've been a fun episode about the dragon stumbling around unintentionally causing chaos and scaring everyone but the episode lends itself to running around for the duration of the runtime and ending in a very disappointing and frustrating way.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I'm currently doing a rewatch of the series (just started season 3) but so far my least favorite episodes are "The Doozer Contest", "Doozer Is As Doozer Does", and to a slightly lesser extent, "All Work and All Play". I love the series but JESUS are the Doozers ever boring :sleep:, and Cotterpin's voice is SO ANNOYING! Rant over.

Streed

Reaction score
I'm currently doing a rewatch of the series (just started season 3) but so far my least favorite episodes are "The Doozer Contest", "Doozer Is As Doozer Does", and to a slightly lesser extent, "All Work and All Play". I love the series but JESUS are the Doozers ever boring :sleep:, and Cotterpin's voice is SO ANNOYING! Rant over.
I like those other two episodes but I agree that "The Doozer Contest" is really boring, I'd say it's my second my least favorite episode under "Red's Sea Monster"

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
I like those other two episodes but I agree that "The Doozer Contest" is really boring, I'd say it's my second my least favorite episode under "Red's Sea Monster"
Although doozer contest wasn't one of those doozer episodes where the fraggles only had brief cameos like doozer is as doozer does and gunge the great and glorious those almost felt like attempted spinoffs (wonder if they were thinking of doing a doozer series way back then) during the scenes where the fraggles were there they seemed so one dimensional and out of place. This was also the first episode I ever taped off HBO back in January 88. My dad was real strict about the vcr and I wasnt able to tape stuff all the time. Had to earn that privilege so I remember watching doozer contest over and over again to the point where even 35 years later I remember every line word for word

Streed

Reaction score
Although doozer contest wasn't one of those doozer episodes where the fraggles only had brief cameos like doozer is as doozer does and gunge the great and glorious those almost felt like attempted spinoffs (wonder if they were thinking of doing a doozer series way back then) during the scenes where the fraggles were there they seemed so one dimensional and out of place. This was also the first episode I ever taped off HBO back in January 88. My dad was real strict about the vcr and I wasnt able to tape stuff all the time. Had to earn that privilege so I remember watching doozer contest over and over again to the point where even 35 years later I remember every line word for word
I remember actually like Gunge The Great And Glorious as a child but now as an adult, it feels like one of those generic rise and fall fame stories that every show seems to have done, it does nothing inventive and it just feels generally sleepy and repetitive, the message is clear and helpful but the episode conveys this in such an overdone and stale way. though I will admit, I really did love philo and gunge's song at the end was genuinely heartwarming and beautiful displaying their bond perfectly, all of the songs here are jaunty despite appearing in a painfully 6/10 episode. fraggle rock is one of those shows where even it's worst episodes are still watchable (aside from Red's Sea Monster & The Doozer Contest)