Last Book you Read Thread

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Disneywar, huh? Sounds interesting.

I just finished reading "The Death of WCW", great book. Also I go though "Puppet Mania" that's cool as well.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Oh, PuppetMania is cool. :smile:

I'm reading I Me Mine by George Harrison. It's good. He thinks captions that don't align with pictures is funny, so there's a picture of him holding a sitar, and it's labeled in the back as "George sharing a cheese sandwich with friends".

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I just finished Fly By Night by Frances Hardinge about a week ago. It's pretty good, especially if you like fantasy, reading and plucky, young female heroines.

I'm currently at the beginning of the middle of Celia Rees' Sorceress, but I might keep that off to the side for a while longer until I finish a book on Civil War ghosts.

-Kim

peachesncream

Reaction score
the witches and james and the giant peach by roald dahl.i'm on a kick.starting on the bfg now.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Just finished Boogiepop and Others (the English translation by Seven Seas) earlier today.

superfan

Reaction score
peachesncream said:
the witches and james and the giant peach by roald dahl.i'm on a kick.starting on the bfg now.
the BFG is my favorite book EVER. Enjoy! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here are the stories contained inside my fourth Condensed Books Volume

Deathwatch by Colin Falconer
Ian Manning, District Officer on the island of Santa Maria in the Solomons, is not an exceptionally brave man. But as the Japanese roll undefeated across the South Pacific, he knows that it is only a matter of time before his island is invaded. When that day dawns he plans to head for the mountains to set up a secret coastwatching post to inform the Allies about the movements of enemy ships and planes.
With the help of native islanders Manning's plan becomes reality, but he soon realizes that he will need the support of a motley group of European settlers: Heydrich the Austrian planter, Father Goode the devout missionary, and his strong-willed niece, Rachel-not to mention the rough diamond Patrick Corrigan.
The thrilling wartime events that unfold on the fictitious island of Santa Maria owe much to the author's imagination, but are inspired by the actual experiences of the Coastwatchers who served in the South Pacific during the Second World War. Their unique and lonely brand of courage altered the course of history.
Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins Clark
LOVE MUSIC? Single, professional male seeks attractive, trusting female, age 22-34. If you adore Fred Astaire and love to fox-trot, let's dance. I promise you, if you tango with me, you'll never dance with anyone else again. Call me. I'm waiting for you.... A very suspenseful mystery thriller about a mad serial killer who uses this ad to lure his victims to him.
The Bear by James Oliver Curwood
He was Thor, the giant grizzly, the king of the mountains. His domain was the majestic Canadian Rockies, an untouched paradise of free-flowing rivers and virgin forests.
Feared by all the other wild creatures, he himself feared nothing.

Until a new enemy-man-came into his world...
Final Approach by John J. Nance
"Captain! Wind shear! Go around!"
Flight 255 is in trouble. Outside, at fifteen hundred feet, a fierce storm is raging. Inside the cockpit there's panic as the two pilots try to land their huge state-of-the-art aircraft.
Then in one lightning flash the massive plane touches down-and the nightmare that haunts every pilot, every passenger, seems about to become horribly real.

I've begun the first story in my new volume so next time you'll find out about what I read further.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's been a long time with personal commitments taking up my time but here are the stories in the volume I have recently finished.

The Flight of Flamingo by Elizabeth Darrell
When Kit Anson agrees to pilot Flamingo, a spectacular new flying boat, on her proving flight from England to Mombasa, he is brought face to face with a past that he would rather forget.
Flamingo is the latest design from the workshops of Kirkland Marine Aviation, the company founded by the powerful Sir Hector Kirkland, who adopted Kit when he was only a youth, and offered him a glittering future.
Unfortunately it was a promise that turned sour when Kit was bold enough to expose deceit and treachery behind the respectable facade of the Kirklands' proud name...
A riveting story of courage, love and ambition, spanning the great years of aviation history.
Beast by Peter Benchley
They didn't find the claw at first. That came later. It was strange enough to find the life raft, empty and adrift on a calm, brilliant day. What had happened to the occupants? Had they been washed overboard? No way. The sea was like glass. There was no sign of a struggle, nothing amiss at all- except for the smell.
Ammonia- pungent, unmistakable. But there was no ammonia aboard. They didn't find the claw until later that night. It was a curved hook two inches long, of some hard, bony substance. It was very sharp. In the rays on the moonlight it resembled a golden scimitar.
Lightning in July by Ann L. McLaughlin
It was not the way they would have wanted to meet: in a hospital, fighting for their lives.
Dan was a Harvard scholar, full of plans for the future. Hally was a promising young musician, poised on the brink of a brilliant career.
Then overnight, everything changed. A deadly epidemic struck them both, crippling their hopes and dreams. Yet even in the worst of circumstances, hope can triumph.
And new dreams can grow...
Night of Reunion by Michael Allegretto
Sarah and Alex Whitaker have just brought their dream home.
It's a huge, gorgeous old house, a house full of charm, just waiting for a young family to breathe love and life into it...
As Sarah begins decorating for Christmas, she feels like the luckiest woman in Colorado Springs.
Everything seems so perfect.
But long before the stockings are hung, Sarah's dream home turns into a place of nightmares... Her family is in danger... And she must fight alone against an evil that threatens to end their happiness... for ever.

That last one was an excellent suspenseful thriller. Well I'm onto my next volume soon. Bye till next time.

F

furryredmonster

Oh, I forgot about this thread!

I forgot what I read since my last post here but I finished The Remnant yesterday.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well you're not the only one who forgot Kendra. I had to search for the thread to post about those stories above.