1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Labyrinth music in Scooby-Doo movie!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Chilly Down, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Hey, folks, just popping in for a minute. Hope everyone's doing well.

I just wanted to let you all know that I saw Scooby-Doo a couple of weeks ago. Funny movie; more entertaining than I expected. Anyway, at one point Scooby and the gang are being chased by these voodoo demons. A rap song plays in the background, and much to my amazement, I heard the rapper saying:

"You remind me of the babe.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power.
    What power?
    The power of voodoo.
    Voodoo?
    You do.
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!"

I couldn't believe my ears! The rest of it didn't sound familiar, so I don't think it was a full remake, but he definitely quoted from "Magic Dance." The rapper is apparently a Labyrinth (or at least a David Bowie) fan! (If anyone has the soundtrack and can identify the song and artist, please let us know!)

It's ironic that Labyrinth itself was never a hit, but a song from it is now in a hit movie with a top-selling soundtack. Weird, huh?

That's all for now! :)

Take care,