Labeling April Fools threads

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Lol, I remember one from a few years ago. This one guy posted something like, "MUPPETS ARE FOR BABIES! ANYONE WHO LIKES THEM ARE DUMB!" and I just completely lost it. I flipped on the poor guy. Other people were sayin, "Dude, it's a joke. Take it easy." .......One of my stranger moments here at MC....:smile:
Well, you shouldn't have taken it too seriously. After all if you see the date 04/01 on the post, you should know it's an April Fool's joke. Any other day of the year, it's understandable why you'd want to do that. Lol. Not to be critical or anything. Just thought I'd mention it. While we're on the subject that same joke was used back at the Toon Zone Forums. There were threads saying, 'Cartoons suck' and 'they're for kids' and all that. I guess whoever wrote that message here probably posted on both forums.

Drtooth

Reaction score
my memory is that any fake news was labeled as such. It's possible that they don't do it anymore and I just haven't noticed , but I think after April Fool's Day it's a kind of annoying to see threads for news that isn't real especially since a lot of people come here for their Muppet news.

Personally, I don't find the humor in spreading rumors but that's just me.
That's why I usually do something believable, yet inconsequencial. I also like to make statements behind my pranks. I decided to rag on the new Muppet Logo. A few years back (this was a late one, though), I posted something mocking the odd comments they had on those buttons years back (the ones with bunsen saying "I have no eyes"). I'd never stoop to do anything like "New Muppet Show announced" or the like.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Lol, I remember one from a few years ago. This one guy posted something like, "MUPPETS ARE FOR BABIES! ANYONE WHO LIKES THEM ARE DUMB!" and I just completely lost it. I flipped on the poor guy. Other people were sayin, "Dude, it's a joke. Take it easy." .......One of my stranger moments here at MC....:smile:
I guess that's why they call you Maniacal Muppet instead of Harmonious Muppet.

Excuse me while I go chuckle at my own joke... :wink: