Knowing You're Safe and Sound (A tribute to Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Nelson)

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Hey, srry I haven't been posting. But when I got my new Kindle Fire this year, I recently kept playing some song that became part of the Hunger Games soundtrack, it was a cover up from one of Taylor Swift's songs. Hope this'll be a groovy one! And yes, it involves a li'l Electric Mayhem.

Oh by the way, happy new years to all on Muppet Central!

It was a sad day in January, a new year has begun. However, hearts could still not be healed by loved ones you lost. To Dr.Teeth, Floyd Pepper, and Janice of the Electric Mayhem, new year means new sadness and tears. Sure, they're happy that a new year has begun, but they still miss their 'fathers', A.K.A., their Muppeteers. Dr.Teeth, Floyd, and Janice stuck together to remember their losses. Even if Bill Baretta, Matt Vogel, and David Rudeman has done a very great job being their new Muppeteers, the 3 hipsters still feel empty.
When Leah first joined the band, she knew about Jim, Jerry, and Richard. Sadly, she's never met them, but she heard so much about them and how greatful and talented they were to the three hippie musicians.
Now, Leah decided a surprise. Now that she recieved her kindle fire for Christmas, she just recently downloaded a song that might cheer the 3 up.

Dr.Teeth, Floyd, and Janice were down in the rehearsal room, sadly looking through pictures of Jim, Jerry, and Richard of all the good times they did together. Leah came down, knowing she was nervous. Lips and Zoot insisted on taking Animal for his daily walk and wont be home until later. Leah walked in, with a nervous smile on her face, she sat in front of the keyboardist, bass player, and guitar player.

"Still miss them, hmm?" Leah asked, knowing it was true.

"Yeah Lee," Floyd replied sadly, wrapping his arm around his main squeeze, Janice, "We know it's a new year for us.."

Janice's mascara was leaking from her eyes, Floyd quickly wipes them. "But we still can't believe they're gone." Dr.Teeth finished for Floyd, taking Janice's hand.

Janice raised her head, Leah knew that her dream sister was crying. She spoke in between cries, "I wish, like....they would just come back to us!" Leah quickly handed them each a bottle of Lipton Green tea and tissue boxes. She took out her kindle and prepared for the song.

Floyd started to take notice. "Whatcha doin' Lee?" he asked. Janice managed to pick her head up and to try and console her crying. Dr.Teeth rubs her back in support.

Leah looked up and smiled. "I was just listening to this song almost a million times and...well," she said, "It reminded me that this song could help you guys." Leah pressed the play button with her finger. A familiar sound came into the band's ears. "Just sing along if you know it." Leah said, she took in a deep breath, and began to sing:

Leah:
I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Floyd, Janice, and Dr.Teeth knew this song with all their hearts everytime they thought of Jim, Richard, or Jerry, or maybe all at once. They continued to hear her sing out in proud.

Leah:
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

"Can we sing along too, Leah?" Floyd asked. Leah nods. "Like I said, jump in when you feel like doin' so." she said, giggling softly. Floyd, Janice, and Dr.Teeth looked at eachother, smiled and nodded, Floyd started the next verse.

Floyd:
Don't you dare look out your window
Darlin' everything's on fire

Dr.Teeth/Floyd:
The war outside our door keeps raging on

Floyd/Janice:
Hold on, to this, lullaby

Dr.Teeth/Floyd/Janice:
Even when the music's gone

Leah:
Gone

Dr.Teeth/Floyd/Janice/Leah:
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
Leah saw tears in Janice's eyes, she crept over to Janice and wipes her tears with her fingers. Dr.Teeth lets Leah sit on his lap, Janice sits on Leah's lap, and Floyd laid his hand on Leah's arm. Leah smiled at them. They all continued to sing.
Dr.Teeth/Floyd/Janice:
Just close your eyes
Leah:
You'll be alright
Dr.Teeth/Floyd/Janice/Leah:
Come morning light
Leah:
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo...

After the song, Leah imediatly switched it off due to the fact that it's on repeat. Dr.Teeth, Floyd, and Janice smiled at Leah. "I-uh...better go," Leah said sadly, "I still got some stuff to do. I'm really glad you guys like the song." "Like? Like, Leah, we loved it!" Janice said happily, though she was still crying.
"Yeah, you chose a perfect song to remember our past players." Floyd said.

"A very tremendous and beautiful and harmonizin' song I must say." Dr.Teeth complimented. Leah pulled her hair back and smiled. "Thanks," Leah said, "I-uh better go..I-"
Janice grabs Leah by the arm and pulls her over to her. She hugs Leah tight. Leah could feel some of Janice's tears soaking on her bare shoulder. Leah held Janice tight and pets her shiny blonde hair. Floyd hugs behind Leah on her back. Leah could feel Dr.Teeth, wrapping his long arms around me, Floyd, and Janice for a big group hug. Leah didn't seem to mind, she loved giving hugs.
"You know," Leah said, "Maybe the stuff can wait. I'd rather be here with you guys."
That made Janice, Dr.Teeth and Floyd feel good. "You feel like stickin' around with us for a while, Leah?" Dr.Teeth asked after the group hug was done. Leah nods excitedly. "So, uh, what were you guys looking at?" Leah asked. The three showed Leah a photo album, containing all the years the Electric Mayhem has gone through. They showed her the pictures from when the band were just little rockers, and when Jim and Jerry and Richard were around. Leah smiled.
When Lips, Zoot, and Animal returned, they found Zoot's main squeeze on the couch, looking through the photo album. They decided, 'what the heck' and joined them.
At that point, that song got stuck in Leah's head. She looked out into the stars one night, knowing Jim, Jerry, and Richard are up in the skies, looking down at her and others, smiling. Leah smiled. She couldn't help but to fall asleep on the seat by the window. At that point, Leah vowed to herself that she will do whatever it takes, to make Dr.Teeth, and the Electric Mayhem, happy. Knowing, that they were safe and sound.
-----------------------------------------------------
'Safe and Sound' Taylor Swift
-----------------------------------------------------