Kid's Programming that Makes You Want to Question Life Itself

Chilly Down

Reaction score
People have done awful things in the name of religion, sure. But religion has inspired some of the most amazing acts of humanitarianism (Mother Teresa, Albert Schweitzer), and some of the most fabulous works of art that have touched people everywhere (Handel's Messiah, the Sistine Chapel). People tend to forget all the good stuff when the bad stuff happens.

When I referred to the "Scrappy and beyond" period, I meant the block of cartoons from about '79 to '91. The format changed often (sometimes every year), but it just kept getting worse and worse. I totally agree with you about What's New, Scooby Doo. It's great. But the people behind that are totally different than the ones who were working on the previous long Scooby run. This is a very deliberate "back to basics" approach.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
People have done awful things in the name of religion, sure. But religion has inspired some of the most amazing acts of humanitarianism (Mother Teresa, Albert Schweitzer), and some of the most fabulous works of art that have touched people everywhere (Handel's Messiah, the Sistine Chapel). People tend to forget all the good stuff when the bad stuff happens.

Not saying religion is bad, just what they do with it.

Teresa, etc. they have done countless good, and have the true spirit of religion. It just frustraites me that more people aren't helping perform good deeds in the name of their respective religion, but rather use it as a crutch for hatred.

Religion can be a tool or a weopon, like most things. Use it for good, it's a tool, use it for bad, it's a weopon.

Religion isn't evil, just certain people are. Sorry if I didn't make that more clear. I alway leave stuff out...