Kermit Steiff plush

muppetperson

Reaction score
Looks like the kermit steiff special edition plush isnt coming now till December.

Nick22

Reaction score
muppet wiki says that it's gonna be like $265. is that true? cause that's a little much for a plush.

muppetperson

Reaction score
muppet wiki says that it's gonna be like $265. is that true? cause that's a little much for a plush.
Yes, that is the recommended retail price.Steiff is an up market brand.I am getting 10 % off mine($238.50) plus free shipping.

Nick22

Reaction score
i rully want him, but my parents would never in a million years let me spend that kind of money on what they would just think of as a waste of money.

muppetperson

Reaction score
You are gunna need a lot of spare cash shortly, with the efx photo puppets coming out.
Maybe you should look at a after school job, such as a supermarket or fast food chain?
At least it will be your money to spend how you like!

Nick22

Reaction score
there's rully not to many places that would be willing to hire me. but i cut the grass at my house. which i need to do once a wekk, because our grass grows rully long rully fast. and i get payed 10 bucks for that. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Steiff plush is basically for high end collectors. You could get a photo puppet replica Kermit for less than that. Really you could. Probably even Gonzo and Animal too.

And last time I checked, and it was only the proto, it was ugly. The Macy's Kermit cost about 15 bucks, and it was a million times better than this one.

Again, it's a vanity buy for high class toy collectors with a lot of cash. I really wish some other company would go back to making good quality muppet plush the way Sababa did.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Steiff plush is basically for high end collectors. You could get a photo puppet replica Kermit for less than that. Really you could. Probably even Gonzo and Animal too.

And last time I checked, and it was only the proto, it was ugly. The Macy's Kermit cost about 15 bucks, and it was a million times better than this one.

Again, it's a vanity buy for high class toy collectors with a lot of cash. I really wish some other company would go back to making good quality muppet plush the way Sababa did.
I still think the Steiff plush is hiding. :embarrassed:

I can understand a high-end plush with the finest materials, but the likeness was absolutely terrible. Even if that is just a prototype, you don't use the current photo to push such an extremely expensive product. Not when you can get the real-deal MR Kermit for less. This product makes no sense except for the weathy obsessive collector who must have everything. I won't be getting it, but I do hope they make it look attractive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This product makes no sense except for the weathy obsessive collector who must have everything. I won't be getting it, but I do hope they make it look attractive.
Yeah... Steiff completists or rich toy collectors that want high end stuff because they can afford it. It's pretty sad this is the only plush we know is coming out... even those ugly crane game muppets look better. Of course, to win one of those things, you have to spend the same amount of money in quarters in one of those machines.... :rolleyes:

So if you can't afford this, relax. I'm sure we'll get some really good Kermit soon enough.

gatomon

Reaction score
Stieff Plush Feedback

:cry:
a while ago in my websurfing days I came across news of a kermit
stieff plush.I only thinking gee this looks neat posted my first topic on said plush,little did I know what a can of worms
I had opened.over the next few days I did not see many posts
about the new menber. mostly it was just mad people yelling about what a waste of money the plush was.now today the website toughpigs I see a rant about said plush.I was only trying
be nice and now the whole seems to blown up in my face
I dont know if I will posting anymore info on this site but I want say im sorry if upset any muppet fans and to tell eveyone to think
for sec. within a post of a bad muppet plush there may be a new a fan who just wants to share info.

thank you