1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Karen Ohland Passing

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Buck-Beaver, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Hello All, I just wanted to pass along some sad news from Canada.

Karen Ohland, a very talented artist, puppet builder and teacher from Toronto passed away recently at the age of 54. Karen was involved in puppetry here for many years, working as a builder on "Fraggle Rock", "The Jim Henson Hour" and many other Muppet projects in the 1980s her Toronto as well as numerous other television projects and commercials in Canada and the US in more recent years.

A short, touching memorial for Karen was posted on the website of the Sheep Shop, where Karen had worked since 1989. The URL is http://www.sheepshop.ca/profile.html
  2. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Thank you Andrew for getting this information to us. So sad, another talent that has left this world too soon. I'm sure she will be greatly missed.
  3. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

Karen...

Yes, that is very sad.

There certainly is a close-knit society of puppet-type people around Toronto.

I went to the tribute page. It was very nice.