John Tartaglia Interview

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was a good interview.

Interesting how he joined when he was 16. I didn't think a Muppet performer could join when that young.

I never knew about J.J., or Kingston's gang. I wonder if any clips are online. I searched for the character on Muppet Wiki but couldn't find him. John mentioned that he has video footage, I wonder if he would share it online (if it is rare).

It was asked what happened to Monster Clubhouse. An explanation is given in the 40th anniversary book, can't remember the exact reason (though I did quote it for Muppet Wiki), but I can think of a better reason: Because Monster Clubhouse is terrible.

He mentioned replacing Alice Dennon Vernon for Monster Clubhouse because she was performing in the second or third season of The Puzzle Place. I remember watching that show a few times in 1995, and Monster Clubhouse began in 2001. So was the show canceled and then uncanceled? Or could he have been thinking about a different show?

I never really noticed that John hasn't done much Henson work outside of Sesame Street, or that he's barely been involved with the Muppets.

So John mainly performs in New York? Maybe if that Broadway show gets finalized he can be a part of it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
He's already performed Gobo in some promos for Fraggle Rock on The Hub, including a series of "Ask a Fraggle" insertials.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was thinking about that the other day; I wonder what became/or will become of it.