JHH: MM/LWD introductions and closings

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a question about Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs when they aired on The Jim Henson Hour (I assume that Living with Dinosaurs aired as an episode of The Jim Henson Hour in England).

Did these two epsiodes have cold openings? From what I read these are the only episodes that did not have any MuppeTelevision content, so I would guess that The Muppets didn't appear in the introductions, but did these episodes have cold openings, or did they just begin with The Jim Henson Hour opening?

Also, what were Jim Henson's introductions and closings like for these episodes?

KermiClown

Reaction score
"Monster Maker" begins with The Jim Henson Hour opening followed by an introduction by Jim Henson. Jim shows one of the devil puppets from the "Storyteller" series and talks about the Creature Shop in London. He then introduces "Monster Maker". The episode ends with Jim and the devil puppet again, and Jim talks about using puppets to create the "illusion of life." At the end, he brings Kermit out for a brief appearance. The "Monster Maker" credits then roll, not the usual Jim Henson Hour closing.

As far as I can tell, "Living with Dinosaurs" had a cold opening.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
JHH was never shown in the UK, only the "Secrets of The Muppets" episode did on "Nick.

"Monster Maker" and "Living with Dinosaurs" did get shown in the UK but as they own specials, I can confirm that the "MM" didn't have the Jim Henson intro and closing comments with Kermit and the JHH opening and closing theme music. "LWD" I am not sure of but I would guess the special didn't have Jim Henson intro, etc either.

Hope it helps

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
JHH was never shown in the UK, only the "Secrets of The Muppets" episode did on "Nick.

"Monster Maker" and "Living with Dinosaurs" did get shown in the UK but as they own specials, I can confirm that the "MM" didn't have the Jim Henson intro and closing comments with Kermit and the JHH opening and closing theme music. "LWD" I am not sure of but I would guess the special didn't have Jim Henson intro, etc either.

Hope it helps
I thought it was. I thought I had read that the Food episode (with The Storyteller episode Three Ravens as the second half) was only broadcast in the U.K. in 1990, and that Living with Dinosaurs was shown in the U.K. that same year (thoguh I wasn't sure whether this was shown as an episode of The Jim Henson Hour or as a seperate special).