Jason Segel to host SNL on 11/14

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Nothing is yet confirmed...
Muppets star Jason Segel will appear on November 19th, with Florence + the Machine performing. I expect musical numbers and at least one surprise Muppet appearance. It wouldn’t be the first time Muppets appeared on the series. A set of lesser known Muppets were once a regular part of SNL, back in the series’ first season. I guess it wasn’t a good fit, because they did not return after Season 1. Maybe it's just me but these “Land of Gorch” Muppets look like they were Dark Crystal-creepy. I'm really only basing this opinion on the following sketch, which is sweet, but the Muppet featured isn't quite the adorable furry Kermitty kind of Muppet most of us are used to...

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...Segel-Set-Host-Saturday-Night-Live-36101.html

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could see either a brief Muppet Cameo or at least another SNL members dressed up like the Muppets skit. Either way, nice advertising for the movie. And if not, Jason Segel, man!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
maybe walter and amy adams would come and preform lifes a happy song the opening song or kermit could sing pictures in my head

beaker

Reaction score
Jason Segal, Muppet cameos AND Florence and the Machine?(one of the most amazing female fronted bands out there) Oh man, so cannot wait.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Statler and Waldorf could be in the audience, or Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem can perform a song (I don't expect them to be the musical guests).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just because he did the movie, now Jason Segel will (for some time) be labeled as being associated with the Muppets? Oy...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just because he did the movie, now Jason Segel will (for some time) be labeled as being associated with the Muppets? Oy...
Considering he's worked on the script for the last few years, I wonder if it'll be hard for him when the promotion is over and he no longer gets to hang out with the Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just because he did the movie, now Jason Segel will (for some time) be labeled as being associated with the Muppets?
That's what I'm thinking.

On the one hand, he's clearly on to promote the movie... but on the other hand, saying the Muppets will be a given may be just getting ahead of themselves.

I have no doubt Muppets will be referenced to some extent, but I wouldn't know if any of them will join Jason, or they'll do another fun sketch with the SNL regulars dressed up as the Muppets.... maybe get Seth Rogan to have a cameo as Rowlf.

Either can happen, actually. Both maybe... but we won't know for sure until details come in.