"J Jump" Song

bigbird

Reaction score
This was one of those songs that can really stick to your mind over the years. And like many other songs, this one differed slightly on TV as opposed to the version heard on the record. The record version had a poem recited by Big Bird before the song which i believe was absent from the version found on TV. The poem went" A poem about one of my very favorite letters of the alphabet by Big bird(he clears his throat). Today I wrote a poem and put it in my book it's about a certain letter that's shaped sort of like a hook. It's a very special letter and I like it quite a lot. the big one has a line on top, the small one has a dot. It comes at the beginning of a word like Jellybeans or John or Jane or Jenny or a brand new pair of Jeans. You'll find it in the alphabet between the I and K. And if you haven't guessed by now(laugh's a little) well it's the letter J"! Then the song starts with kids laughing and goes like this: J Jump Joyful Jumble around Jennifer Jan Jane John. J Jump Joyful Jumble around Jack in the box Jumpin all over town. Jingle Jangle Jong summer day. Big J swinging, flying singing, J Jump Joyful Jumble around on the Just nice day with the Jumpenest J in town. Then the same verse repeats again and on the album version ends with the kids laughing and giggling. In between verses on the TV version I think had someone whistling the tune before it was sung over again and I think had (appropriately) an animated letter J bouncing all over. Was this a treat for kids or what? HEY! i think it was for me to remember it so well!!!!

ssetta

Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible that Big Bird's poem and the song appeared on the show together at one time.