Indiana Jones, anyone...?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, here's what's known about the movie so far:

They're looking at a July 5, 2005 release date.
There's good and bad Indy IV news, folks. The good? Well, the film is still scheduled for Summer 2005, just a few weeks after George Lucas' other baby, Star Wars Episode III.

Frank Darabont's screenplay is coming along nicely, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford are primed, and the stunts will be top-notch. How do we know? Because Vic Armstrong, the god of stunt co-ordinators and Ford's former double, is on board. "I saw Steven at the Golden Globes," he told Empire, exclusively. "And I asked him about Indy IV, and he said 'clear your diary because we're on'."

But the bad news is that it's likely that Sallah, Indy's ebullient Egyptian sidekick, won't be returning. "I get asked this question 25 times a week, and everyone knows more than I do. I guess I'm not in it," says John Rhys-Davies, who played Sallah in Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Last Crusade.
"In truth, I'd love to work for Steven again," continues the stout yeoman. "I'd love to have one more go at Sallah, get him right. You come close, but you always want to have one last bash at trying to make the character magical."

This article comes from the brand-new June edition issue #27 of Empire magazine (the Australian version).
CNN.com posted an interview with legendary composer John Williams. In the interview John Williams talks about his work on the soundtrack of Star Wars: Episode 3 and a few ideas of what he might be doing with the Indiana Jones 4 soundtrack. Here's a part of the interview:

Williams says the next Indiana Jones film may offer more dilemmas than the previous three.

"Indiana Jones [IV] will be a challenge because we'll now have to recast the film with Harrison Ford as a mature Indiana Jones, if you like, and a more mature composer will be doing the score!" he says, chuckling. "Until I see a script or see the film it will be hard for me to tell how much of the early material will apply -- if any."

Not that he's going to give up the familiar fanfare. "I would have thought Indiana Jones is now a pretty well-known theme and at least will be referred to as some type of memory trace if nothing else."

I'll look around for more info on the film.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Here's more:

SCI FI Wire had a chat with Indiana Jones 4 screenwriter Frank Darabont about the upcoming fourth Indy film. Here's their report:

Frank Darabont told SCI FI Wire that the sequel's 1950s setting requires different villains from those in previous installments, which were set in the 1930s. "Those pesky Nazis seem to have departed, which is a shame, because I like those pesky Nazis, because you can just squash them all over the place," Darabont said, with tongue in cheek.

Darabont would not say who the new villains were, but assured that the tone of adventure would be consistent with previous Indy movies. "From the standpoint of the fun of it and the adventure of it, [there will be] no [change]," he said.

Darabont added that he has nearly completed a first draft of the script and that director Steven Spielberg is happy with his progress. "The reaction has been quite good," he said. But the writer added that he is approaching the script one day at a time. "Right now, every day is like one foot in front of the other," he said. "It's 'How do I solve this next scene? How do I get this next three pages in its best form?'" The new Indiana Jones movie is still aiming for a July 1, 2005, release

That release date has been updated to July 4th, 2005. Not 5th, or 1st.

This information provided by http://www.theraider.net

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I have to tell ya', those boxes look pretty cool.

Here's some more info on the DVD release of the first 3 Indiana Jones movies. I found this at the same site, www.theraider.net:

- Fully Restored -

Each of the three films in The Adventures of Indiana Jones - The Complete DVD Movie Collection was painstakingly restored by Lowry Digital Images – the film industry’s most noted preservationists – whose work has included such classics as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Citizen Kane and Sunset Boulevard.

Disc 1 offers the completely remastered Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. On Disc 2 is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, while Disc 3 offers Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The three Indiana Jones films, which will be available only as a collection, also feature Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround. All three films are closed-captioned and subtitled in English, French and Spanish in the U.S. (Sound and subtitling specifications vary internationally by territory.)

- Bonus Material -

Paramount and Lucasfilm have teamed up to create a spectacular bonus disc loaded with special features produced especially for this DVD collection. It includes newly produced, exclusive documentaries that explore the making of these memorable films, including brand-new interviews with the cast and crew – including Spielberg, Ford and Lucas – plus scores of other surprises from all three films.

The documentaries on the fourth bonus disc are crafted by Laurent Bouzereau, who has gone behind the scenes on Lucas projects like American Graffiti and such Spielberg projects as Jaws and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Paramount and Lucasfilm also scoured their archives to find just the right material to add to the DVD. "We knew we had to deliver the goods Indy fans wanted with a quality beyond anything they expected," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "In addition to the films themselves, of course, this collection explores every facet of how the films were made – from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound. We take viewers around the world to explore the history behind the Indiana Jones legends. It’s been great to work with Steven and George on a project that means so much to them, and having them involved on the DVD collection really makes it special."

Jim Ward also said that there will be no director's commentary tracks on the three discs containing the films. "We felt that because of bandwidth issues and, more importantly, the amount of information provided on the fourth disc, it would be redundant to include a director's commentary track on the title discs," Ward said.

Lucasfilm is also planning to release The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on DVD soon. There's more information on that at theraider.net.

DirthNader

Reaction score
Super Scooter...in the words of the great Pumba, "I gravel at your feet."

You are a font of useful and enlightening information. Thanks, man:big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by DirthNader
Super Scooter...in the words of the great Pumba, "I gravel at your feet."

You are a font of useful and enlightening information. Thanks, man
.... wow.

I was good enough to quote Pumbaa for!!!! Whooooo-Hoooooooooo!

:smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Now, everytime I think of Scooter Soup I'll think of Pumbaa and "big balls of gas just swirling around in space..."