I'm sorry to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
SteveJRogers said:
Again, either you should have come back, clean slate as Coca Monkey and built your rep back that way, or just come back, say your sorry (as BHS) and leave it at that.
Well, the main issue with would have been that people might have accused him of being someone playing a sick joke on us by managing to get into bobhopesite's account and posting as him here.

I had that happen on a board I frequented several years ago. A semi-popular poster was involved in a car accident, and those of us at that message board were told that she had died. Then some months later someone posted to that board under her user name, claiming to be her. A bunch of us very nearly ripped her a new one before we were able to confirm it as the truth.

This incident would also be why I take a very dim view to what bobhopesite did. I don't like having my feelings played with.

-Kim

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Neither do I, but the real problem I have is the misplaced mistrust and general tention that this brought for a long time, still brings somewhat, and probably bring to some people for life. I am, of course, referring to Rosewood, but there have been others. If not on this forum, then certainly on others, as others have already stated.
I do think it was big of BHS to come back and appologyze, if he truely meant it, and I believe in giving him a hesitant bennifit of the doubt for now. I believe it would have just been worse if he changed his identity completely...again.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I don't know what happened, but I've heard some of it.

bobhopesite....just be careful, okay? What you pulled what sick and insentsitve, and it completely tore everyone else apart. You're on a tight radar buddy, so watch what you say, alright?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't understand why the thread needs to be closed and how we're fools; some people are rightfully going to ignore BHS and others are going to graciously give him a second chance. The attitude to just "close the thread" says to me to just ignore the problem, that's where MC can tend to be viewed as high society members only club.

Besides, isn't any of this angst and tension exciting to anyone else? I love a good debate and a little trouble; of course that's the Jersey in me, we're all wiseguys here. :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hey, I'm from New Yoork and I hear ya, pal.
:big_grin: But seriously, I agree hole-heartedly; this should not just be swept under the rug like so much else!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
New York, eh? Between you and me and a few others, we could easily start the east coast chapter of the Muppet Central Mafia Families.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
HEY HEY Its A Waste Management/ Construction Group

we have hey it's all legal

Ziffel

Reaction score
What BHS did was indeed extremely disgusting. Now if his apology is sincere, it's one thing for a person to forgive him but that still doesn't necessarily mean they have to associate with him again as before. You can forgive someone but still protect yourself from that person so as not to get hurt again. I agree that what he did was serious enough that it would take a long time to earn that trust again, if possible. What also bothers me is how he started off saying he just wanted to apologize and said "goodbye I will miss you a lot". And then after just two people simply said they forgive him he so quickly posts, "I'm very glad to be back." Such an abrupt 180 there. And then it also bothers me how he repeatedly kept playing the martyr and the imposing guilt trip with "I know you all hate me" over and over again. Being justifiably upset over him faking his age and death does not constitute hatred. The "you hate me" scenario seems to me to be a strategy to manipulate people to be positive about him again.
Additionally, people on the internet are even harder to know for sure if they are pretending to be something they aren't, so all the more reason I can understand why people here would be leery of him and want to keep their distance (which, again, does NOT mean they hate him or even won't forgive him. It's common sense and basic protection).
One final thing, since there are so many forums, chatrooms, blogs, etc. online, it's also curious to me why he would want to get back to posting on this particular one so badly. I know this a GREAT place with GREAT people and fun times, but in view of the terrible thing he did I would think the most appropriate thing to do would be to apologize and then move on to another place(s) and make a fresh start and meet new friends (and this time being HONEST with those people).
And that's my 2 cents worth. :smile:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Exactly right, Ziffel. I think Bob's just full of crap. I did actually hope last night he was telling us the truth but now I think I've come to believe he's just playing the matyr and tricking us, like so many above have said. If he was sincere, why is he saying the same old thing over and over? ("You guys hate me! I'm sorry! I promise I won't do it again!!! 'cry' 'cry'" crap...:rolleyes: ) Sorry Bob, but you're gonna have to prove it to me and all the rest of us here. And I am still willing to believe it, but now I'm simply doubting it now that I've fully analyzed the situation here. Bob is going to have to prove to us that he HAS changed and won't do this anymore. Nothing wrong with that, as this is the Internet, and who really knows what others are saying and if they're true about things. And Bob, on a final note, like I've said before, I and NO ONE ELSE here FULLY and COMPLETELY hates you. I don't hate you. I'm fairly certain the majority of us don't. True, perhaps maybe a one or two people here and there feel some utter disgust and a little bit of hatred bubbling inside, but not to the full extreme of it. It's not like we're gonna kill you we're so infuriated with hate. I'd NEVER go THAT far, nowhere: the Internet or real-life. It's just not worth it. We're all just fed up with it Bob--so what's it gonna be?[/rhetorical]

And yes, this thread really should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.