1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If you could meet any Muppeteer?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Kuriboh Man, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I have a question that I bet all muppet fans were wondering. If you could any muppeteer, who would it be? I for one would meet either Steve Whitmire (I love his Kermit voice), or Julianne Buescher (I hear talk that she's a good puppet Builder) or maybe even Dave Goelz (Who wouldn't want to see a Muppet Veteran)
  2. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

I met Fran Brill, Kevin Clash and Dave Goelz at Muppets Music and Magic. He gave me all his characters signatures. Photo is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/11686099@N03/1183079677/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/11686099@N03/1183870598/, and http://www.flickr.com/photos/11686099@N03/1183788022/. Here is the entire poster at http://www.flickr.com/photos/11686099@N03/1161106417/. It also has Gonzos autograph. Dave also gave me Boobers autograph on the events poster next to Boobers picture. I would like to meet every other muppeteer and get their characters autograph. Steve Whitmire I heard lives in Atlanta. When i went to the Center for Puppetry arts A guy that works there told me Steve has visited.
  3. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

If I could meet any Muppeteer, I'd most want to meet Richard Hunt.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

no no i think i would love to meet Brian Henson he seems like someone i could get along with really well. also i would love to meet Jerry Nelson he would be so cool to chat with.
  5. twasbrillig12

twasbrillig12 Member

Anyone, would def be Richard Hunt, but living I'd have to say Steve Whitmire. Something about the guy. I remember in some documentary, I think it was a SS one, he talked about how he had dreamt about Jim being back and how he was worried he'd have to give Kermit back to him. But Jim being the guy he was just told him to keep doing what he was doing. Hmm, I guess I'd really like to meet Jim too. :)
  6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Out of the ones I'd like to meet who are still with us? Definitely Frank Oz and Kathy Mullen and Fran Brill (who I didn't get to talk to at the Huntington/Muppet event last summer). I had a chance to meet Mr. Oz that I didn't follow through with because I was trying to do the right thing at the time, and today I kick myself for it. And of course I would've loved to have met Jim and Richard
  7. ShiveringCactus

ShiveringCactus New Member

Steve Whitmire for me as well. I think it'd be really interesting to talk to him, and he always comes across as a really nice guy.

And I guess he's no longer really a Muppeteer, but I'd love to meet John Tartaglia. I love how well crafted and innovative Johnny and the Sprites is.
  8. Pork

Pork Active Member

Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson. But I'd love to meet all of them. (like that's ever gonna happen)!
  9. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

It would have been Richard Hunt if I were able to go back in time.
    Sadly, that will never happen.

Mmm, I'd like to come across all of them if even possible.
    I think I'd scare them out of their pants!

XD I'm a hyper person.
  10. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

If I went Back in Time I would Meet Jim Henson Himself.
  11. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

Caroll Spinney, Dave Goelz and Frank Oz
  12. MGov

MGov New Member

Frank Oz. He's the most talented and the most diverse. But honestly, I would talk to him more about film directing than anything else.
  13. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I would love to meet the following puppeteers.

Frank Oz

Brian Henson

Bill Barretta

Caroll Spinney

Julianne Buescher

Leslie Carrara

Stephanie D'Abruzzo

Eric Jacobson

Kathy Mullen

Karen Prell

Allen Trautman

Drew Massey

Victor Yerrid

Louise Gold

Alice Dinnean

John Kennedy

Tyler Bunch

Camille Bonora

Terry Angus

Bob Payne
  14. Lucia

Lucia New Member

If I could meet any one of them...I would want to meet Jim Henson, and just to give him a hug.
    Nasubionna likes this.
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'd definatly like to meet Steve or Bill or Eric if they hadn't served me with restraining orders...
    Borples likes this.
  16. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Dave Goelz
  17. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

Jerry Nelson, Caroll Spinney, & Dave Goelz
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Dave Goelz most definitely. Followed closely by Steve and Jerry.
  19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hmm. This is a hard question! Probably Dave Goelz. He seems extremely funny and friendly when I have seen/heard him in interviews.
  20. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Had a chance to meet several at MuppetFest already (but of course there's so many would love to have a chance to have an extended chat with as opposed to the con situation where you know there's 100's of other fans wanting to chat them up at the same time)...so out of the ones i haven't met yet, i actually had a chance to meet what would have been the #1 person on my list recently, Fran Brill so that was pretty awesome (and even though she's not a Muppeteer, i was equally as overjoyed to meet Karen Falk in person finally ... an interesting thing about her...even though she's not related to the Henson's she has that same kind of simple elegant charm about her that many people associate with the Henson daughters. Guess that's what being an "honorary Henson" can do to you!)

So now that i've met Fran, i guess #1 on my list now (aside from Richard Hunt...who i actually wish i could have met more than Jim) would be David Rudman with Eric Jacobson a close second. Actually JUST before i hit that "Send" button (which is good because usually you think of these things right AFTER you hit it), it occured to me that pretty much tied in that close second spot would be Marilyn Sokol. Even though she was more of a voice artist (though she at least tried puppeteering first anyway) i think she is one of the most fabulous performers overall and would love to meet her (or even just get her autograph without meeting her).

Also i MUST remember to pick up a copy of this soundtrack album she's on in my local second hand store before someone snatches it up...don't remember the name right now but it's a gay comedy revue starring Bruce Villanch soundtrack which Marilyn appears on - am dieing to pick that up and hear it! I bet she's ultra-fabulous on it!