IDEA- Great Muppet Road Trip TV Special

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am DYING to see the Muppets in an outdoor situation -- which they did to some extent at the beginning of LTS. Remember The Muppet Movie where we had helicopter shots of them driving cars and walking through fairgrounds. Or in The Muppets Take Manhatten where Animal appeared from a manhole, and Gonzo was chatting with the mayor. Or The Great Muppet Caper as they all cycled through London.

Sure, outdoor filming requires better lighting and organising than a sound stage, but they did it back then pre-technology era and they sure can do it now. I'm just DYING to see them outdoors again, interacting with LIFE.

I used to imagine that Animal would one day just appear from under a manhole cover, or that I would be walking through the woods and find them filming there. It made them so much more approachable and alive.

Nick22

Reaction score
I am DYING to see the Muppets in an outdoor situation -- which they did to some extent at the beginning of LTS. Remember The Muppet Movie where we had helicopter shots of them driving cars and walking through fairgrounds. Or in The Muppets Take Manhatten where Animal appeared from a manhole, and Gonzo was chatting with the mayor. Or The Great Muppet Caper as they all cycled through London.

Sure, outdoor filming requires better lighting and organising than a sound stage, but they did it back then pre-technology era and they sure can do it now. I'm just DYING to see them outdoors again, interacting with LIFE.

I used to imagine that Animal would one day just appear from under a manhole cover, or that I would be walking through the woods and find them filming there. It made them so much more approachable and alive.
i completely agree! LTS had them outdoors a little, but nothing too impressive. a lot of my favorite scenes in the Muppet movies are the outdoor ones.

P.S. the cycling scene in GMC is AMAZING. wouldn't be awesome to see them do something like that again?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
It was the YouTube coverage of the Muppets shooting the Disneyland commercial that made me think just how easy this would be to do.
What is this YouTube video you speak of Jamie?

Btw, AWESOME IDEA!-!-! I'm sold. It's so simple and beautiful! :wink:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I think this is an excellent idea for a special. It's such a simple idea but there is so much potential for classic Muppet humor. Plus, it would really be great to just see the characters out and about again in the real world. I'd love to see this happen.

muppets2

Reaction score
this is the best idea ive heared in a while (for a tv special)

hoopless

Reaction score
Brilliant idea! It would be perfect to tie in with promo work for the movie too; just genuine Muppet TV spots, everyday in the month leading up to release perhaps, instead of the typical adverts you might get.

Obviously it would have to be shown in the UK too :wink: