I miss the real Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The closest examples I can think of of post-Season One Bert being "mean" to Ernie include an old-school bit from the 70s, where Ernie and Bert are at the movies, but everything Ernie does keeps making too much noise, from unwrapping a candy bar, to eating peanuts, to sipping soda, to which Bert finally blows up at Ernie to be quiet... but then, Bert got his when an usher came down to remove the noise-maker, who he saw was Bert, because he was yelling when he came in.

That, and from the "Adding" bit from the 90s, where Bert blows his top so much that he's screaming like a girl "ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT AND READ BY MYSELF IN PEACE AND QUIET, BUT NOW THERE'S MONSTERS AND COWS AND ELEPHANTS AND MARTIANS HERE! YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK, I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY SUBTRACTION! TRYSUBTRACTIONTRYSUBTRACTION! ! !"

I think that's about as "mean" as Bert ever got after Season One or so. Well, that and an aired-once bit from the 80s (I think) where Bert finally had it with Ernie's midnight capers, and ran into the other room, where he could be heard screaming, and breaking dishes or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't say it's so much mean, as it is uptight. Ernie rarely, if any time, took it very hard (the possible exception is the book "Ernie's Big Mess" where Ernie goes so far as running away from home). Ernie just took it with a sense of humor, and sometimes even chuckled at his reactions... like a loving sibling who likes to tease the other, but doesn't mean any actual spite or malice.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was watching some old clips with Kermit getting grumpy - it was hillarious! I can't think of a time Kermit makes me laugh now.
I miss that so much. I also miss his cheekiness.
Definitely, some of my favorite Kermit moments are him getting grumpy and dryly frustrated with all the crazies around him, lol.

I think with Letters to Santa they were trying to get back to being more kid friendly after going way too far in the tasteless direction with previous projects. But then Letters to Santa was a bit too wholesome and nice and didn't have the snarkiness of say, The Muppet Show.

Hopefully this new movie will find a balance. :smile: