Huge Lot of Palisades Figures and Playsets for Sale

chamoe2005

Reaction score
I am getting ready to sell a massive amount of figures and playsets... I am an experienced ebay seller but would rather not pay all the listing fees... I am mainly interested in selling as one lot... but would entertain offers for single figures/playsets... if I get enough bites for single figures I will sell individually... Most of the cards have some shelf wear but the packaging for some items has been all but obliterated (ALL figures and playsets are still mint and fully packaged and not removed from the plastic backings)...

IMPORTANT - I will only entertain FAIR offers... I know what the figures/playsets go for on ebay and don't mind taking a few dollars off.. (and the more you buy the more you save)... but please do not expect me to sell for much less than FMV... All of these were recently purchased from ebay...

Now for THE LIST:

Series 1 Dr. Bunsen Honeydew Kermit Miss Piggy Dr Teeth Muppet Labs Playset
Series 2 Fozzie Bear Crazy Harry Gonzo Floyd Pepper Electric Mayhem Playset
Series 3 Rowlf Zoot (Red) Scooter Lew Zealand Swedish Kitchen
Series 4 Rizzo (Red) Rizzo (Blue)
Series 5 Pepe
Series 6 Waldorf Statler Swine Trek
Series 7 Captian Abraham Smollet Beauregard Johnny Fiama (3 figures)
Series 8 Movie Usher Scooter Phil Van Neuter Sam the Eagle Sam (Shifty Eyed) Marvin Suggs Marvin Suggs (Silver) Backstage Playset

chamoe2005

Reaction score
Update

Series 1 - Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Dr Teeth, Muppet Labs Playset (w/Beaker)
Series 2 - Fozzie Bear, Vacation Fozzie(blue shirt repaint - Musicland), Invisible Spray Fozzie, Crazy Harry, Gonzo, Crash Helmet Gonzo, Floyd Pepper, Electric Mayhem Playset(w/Animal)
Series 3 - Rowlf, Zoot (Red), Scooter, Superhero Scooter, Lew Zealand, Swedish KitchenPlayset (w/Swedish Chef)
Series 4 - Rizzo (Red), Rizzo (Blue)
Series 5 - Janice (silver repaint), Pepe, Vacation Pepe (blue shirt repaint - Musicland)
Series 6 - Clifford (light blue shirt repaint w/black chair), Waldorf, Statler, Swine Trek Playset (w/Miss Piggy)
Series 7 - Captain Abraham Smollet, Beauregard, Johnny Fiama (all 3 variants)
Series 8 - Movie Usher Scooter, Phil Van Neuter, Sam the Eagle (both variants), Marvin Suggs (both variants)
Series 9 - Backstage Playset (w/Rowlf)

TheRick1041

Reaction score
I'm interested in the whole set...
But it would be a crazy shipping charge...
Where in Florida are you?
What is your best price....before shipping? We'll figure out that part after....

chamoe2005

Reaction score
I am in the Jacksonville area... and I travel for work.... sometimes I go as far as St Marys, GA and I frequent the Orlando Area as well. As far as price... I have added an approximate value for each figure taking into account that some are very common and appear frequently while others are extremely rare and fetch a premium. I think that $1200 is a fair price. Let me know what you think...

TheRick1041

Reaction score
I think you are about $400 over market...
I think you have 1 piece in your collection that is 'extremely rare'..and 1 that is just expensive...and not all that rare...
Other than that...I appreciate your offer...and good luck!

chamoe2005

Reaction score
Hey if you can find the whole lot in packages for $800 then let me know so I can scoop it up!

Backstage Playset is very rare and going for 200+ I saw it go for $240 with two common loose figures... all the playsets combined are $400 easily... I have all the Series 3 figures including the Red Zoot (which is easily $100 by itself).... if you could get Series 3 with Zoot for $200 I would be shocked.. thats $600

Waldorf, Statler, Sam the Eagle (x2), Marvin Suggs (x2), Janice (repaint), Dr Teeth, Bunsen, Floyd Pepper all easily go for over $20 (most are regularly more)... thats $800

Then 19 other 'common' figures are worth say $8 .. so thats $950... at the very cheapest if you wait forever and place 1000's of bids and buy them from different sellers and pay whatever shipping they want to charge...

I wouldn't mind negociating a price but what I consider Fair is a middle between what the highest and lowest is... frankly.. I can't even see you buying the whole set for $800.. that is ludacris... and if you look at what some sellers are charging.. like corndog... thats ludacris... I believe my price to be a middle ground and at least a good starting point... but i am in no rush to sell and you obviously aren't in a rush to buy and thats fine... but the figures have been out of print for 4 years and I only see them going up in value...

TheRick1041

Reaction score
I'm all about a friendly debate...

I've purchased about 62 figures in the last 4 months...The most expensive piece I've purchased is the scoutmaster kermit...I paid $25 and got both of the scouts...blue and green...
I recognize...that I am paying less...because I'm building a loose collection...
But...clearly...patience is a virtue...and they are available for less...
I just bought a MIB suggs silver variant last night on the bay for $5.5, I got MIB glow koozebane on saturday also on the bay for 99cents, and vacation blue fozzie for $8 from another boardie...

All I was trying to do...was help someone out by buying their collection...so I could take out the 2 or 3 pieces I need and flip the rest...

Clearly you have some idea of individual prices....even though they are WAY out of wack...but...lots don't typically sell for as much...because...MOST people that are buying a set that big...have most of the pieces already...

I wish you luck in your sale...and maybe when you decide to bust it apart...I'll pick up some of my needs...

Take care...and good luck...

Luke

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind negociating a price but what I consider Fair is a middle between what the highest and lowest is... frankly.. I can't even see you buying the whole set for $800.. that is ludacris... and if you look at what some sellers are charging.. like corndog... thats ludacris... I believe my price to be a middle ground and at least a good starting point... but i am in no rush to sell and you obviously aren't in a rush to buy and thats fine... but the figures have been out of print for 4 years and I only see them going up in value...
From my experiences lately these are going down in value, vastly. Seems like a lot of people are trying to get rid of their collections for some reason. Some sellers like Corndog (Ken) are deliberately there for the longterm and have a premium price for people who really want that rare item and are prepared to pay whatever for it but i'd agree that if somebody is prepared to hunt, all this is easily found cheaper. Unless we are talking things like the wedding set, dream date gonzo, Jim Henson figure, prototypes etc.

chamoe2005

Reaction score
Its good to hear all the feedback... and I understand the concept of supply and demand... and right now it is obvious that there is a lot of opportunity to buy figures cheaper because they are more people selling than buying for whatever reason (maybe they need gas money?) ... but as with any market there are peaks and valleys so where it will be in a few years is anybodys guess but I would say that it would be higher due to the limited run this line had. Either way... as I said before... I am not trying to split hairs I don't need anyone to tell me how much cheaper it can be had because the fact remains that to piece a set together takes time and once you spend the 8 or 10 per figure to ship each piece you could end up spending more or less... I am not interested in selling it on the cheap to somebody who already has most of the pieces so that they can turn around and sell what they don't want for a profit... i would rather wait for someone who is interested in starting a collection and would like a head start... I realize that most of the people here are probably already avid collectors and are only interested in very few pieces and thats fine.. but as I said before I was not interested in selling for much less than FMV... and 'the cheapest possible price on ebay' is not my idea of the FMV.. because there are plently of pieces that will go for $30 BIN one day and $5 the next... so the middle ground is a good place to start... Not to mention that there are probably countless people that pay $50 for a Waldorf of Statler in some comic book shop in Podunk... but I am not expecting that kind of money either...

On a side note it is quite a trip watching the prices... I saw a brand new backstage go for something low like $140 or something and the next week a loose one goes for $255... never will understand it... and the super grover is sitting at buy it now for $99 and someones pay $102 for it... mind-boggling

Anyways... good luck on your searches...

Luke

Reaction score
Very true, whats even more amazing ... a lot of the backstage playsets went to Europe and are still sitting as overstock in warhouses and going for silly money. I think paid about $100 for two in Germany, lol.