How big was Kermit's role on Sesame Street?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't remeber much about Sesame Street while Jim Henson was still alive, so I never really saw Kermit on Sesame Street ou side of those segments the use to play all the time. So, how much did Kermit have to do with Sesame Street when Jim was alive? Specifically pre-muppet show stuff.

Erine81981

Reaction score
He did alot of segments on sesame street. So he was on there from the first. He did a lot of shapes, epersions as well as being the reporter of sesame street news. I know this might not be what your talking about but he was in the first epiode where he and Bob were making a W out of a dollar. I figured he was hardly ever on the street. I know it kinda thought with about as much as he perfomed him he would at least be on the show with other characters.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I remeber he use to do a lot of segments. And I remember him as a reporter, in fact he was in Follow That Bird if I remeber correctly. He has no presence on modern Sesame Street though.

But what you are saying is that he did hardly any street segments? That seems so odd.

Erine81981

Reaction score
As he was never on Sesame Street with the actors. He was just with chidren, Grover, Telly but he never had secnes on the street. Like he never was with Snuffy, Big Bird, Oscar or Bert or any others on the street. Expect for the first Episode that aired.

ssetta

Reaction score
There was 1, and only 1 time when Bert and Kermit were seen together. It was in the Subway song. I don't know if you remember that. But it's because they act too similar to each other. It's kind of like Oscar and Benny Rabbit.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
He was on street segments...sort of. He often participated in "One of These Things..." segments, which were set on the street. He also sometimes did interviews on the street.

After "The Muppet Show" started, Kermit appeared on the street much less; possibly not at all.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Aside from episode one, Kermit has also been in street scenes at other times;

*The Third Season Premiere(1971)
*The Fourth Season Premiere (1972)
*Drawing the Letter K with his magic fingers(1972)
*Drawing the Letter M with his magic fingers(1972)
*Kermit slept in Big Bird's nest beside Big Bird and Snuffy in "Big Bird's Story Time"(My Sesame Street Home Video, 1987)
*Christmas Eve On Sesame Street (1978)
*Put Down the Duckie (1988)
*Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting (1989)
*Slimey landing on the Moon (1998)
*Slimey arrvies home (1998)
*Part One of the Hurricane Series (2001)

Kermit and Oscar were seen together in Put Down the Duckie, In Ernie's bathroom and There was a skit were Oscar and his grouch possy attempted to build a bus stop in Kermit's house and they ended drving a bus through it.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Were all of those street segments?

I didn't know he was on SS at anytime after Jim Henson died. I figured the lack of street segments had something to do with the Muppet Show. Anyone know why Kermit seems to have dissappeared from SS lately? I mean, not even in the clips they show, which have become far too scarce.

ssetta

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they just don't have room for that stuff anymore. But "Do De Rubber Duck" was used this season, believe it or not, and they had to get special permission from the Jim Henson Company to use his character.