Holy s@&#, I made a fool of myself...

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I don’t know if any of y’all would remember me- but whatever. I checked some of the comments I made in the past on here hinting at solidarity with a certain “citizen”... yikes. Ive done some growing up since that point in time, which btw I should mention my age... well, its not what I say it is. But anyway, I’d like to apologize for those incendiary perspectives i shared, and although I can not remove them, I would like to acknowledge they do not represent my current values. Peace and Love, y’all

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I don’t know if any of y’all would remember me- but whatever. I checked some of the comments I made in the past on here hinting at solidarity with a certain “citizen”... yikes. Ive done some growing up since that point in time, which btw I should mention my age... well, its not what I say it is. But anyway, I’d like to apologize for those incendiary perspectives i shared, and although I can not remove them, I would like to acknowledge they do not represent my current values. Peace and Love, y’all
Also I should mention... there were some homophobic comments in there somewhere. Wow, I truly was a deplorable. Shame on me. I would say “That’s what happens when you watch Fox News with your dad” but no. I took that upon myself. That’s something I have to live with. I am so truly, deeply sorry. Theres nothing that will undo my previous actions completely, and that is a great horror. But I will do everything in my power to exemplify the very opposite of those values in my life outside the forum.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's always hope that some people can make changes in their lives for the better and improve themselves . . . unfortunately, that's not always the case, and some people you just can't reason with, even if you took a baseball bat to their head to knock some sense into them.

As I've mentioned a time or two before, I myself used to be a homophobe when I was younger in my teens and I had an understanding of what homosexuality was - I can only blame so much of it on religious upbringing, since I live down here in the Bible Belt, where homosexuality is considered the most evilest of evils, and the LGBTQIA+ community is made out to be like a Satanic cult bent on brainwashing and indoctronating our tender, innocent children into becoming gay themselves, then take over the whole world and make everyone gay, thus contributing to the genocide of righteous heterosexual people (and keep in mind, this was during the conservative Bush era, where being LGBT in America was like being black in America prior to and during the Civil Rights Movement), but most of the blame lies within my own ignorance. It wasn't until I got to know LGBT people and saw how other than their sexual preferences, they're no different from anyone else, that I realized just how wrong I had been all of these years.

Likewise, my past self isn't something I'm particular proud of, but it's not something I can dwell on, and instead, I just need to focus on the person I am now, and I believe that's really all that you can do for yourself at this time; making amends with those you have wronged in the past is a noble thing to do - whether or not they're willing to forgive you, that's on them, not you . . . but as you say, your past values no longer reflect the person you are now or the values you possess as opposed to then, and that's really all you can do. Leave the past behind, stay in the now, stay in the present.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was a pretty big toxic piece of **** in my late teens, thinking the world owed me everything, and while going to college certainly forced me to man up whether I wanted to or not, I was still a pretty big toxic ***hole in my early 20s when I was extremely right-leaning conservative and had the annoying “**** your feelings!” mentality.

I’m also not proud of who I was in the past, and even I’ll admit, I still have toxic traits in me that I’m trying my best to work on, but in the end, dwelling on the past will only make you feel unhappy and all you can really do is appreciate that you’re who you are now and you learned from your mistakes.

If anything else for me, seeing certain members on this forum and former past friends of mine have really opened my eyes and have shown me what I was like in the past, almost like they’re all ghosts of who I once was. And I’m glad they’ve shown it to me so I don’t fall into that same path again.