Hoggle prop restored!!! But...

Laszlo

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I mean, this had to have been a hard project, and anyone besides Stan Winston, Rick Baker or The Creature Shop employees would be hard pressed to do a much better job than this
IMO they could have done a MUCH better Hoggle. I mean, all the details are lost as it is now. Winston, Baker etc. are Masters at making excellent wrinkles and skin textures. Unfortunatley this guy is only good at making flat, untextures skins, which may be fine for the usual dolls, but not for Hoggle.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
eh- latex dies eventualy- so will this

Maybe it was LACK of funding
Exactly my opinion.

edible eye

Reaction score
I don't understand why he didn't make a mold of what was there, then restore the missing parts with clay, then recast it. This cloth thing is a terrible, insulting attempt.

monster maker

Reaction score
Its crap plain and simple, there are members on here who could have done better, its been destroyed now in my eyes, thats not hoggle.
Something like this prop should have been handled by an expert,and restored to its original glory.

Laszlo

Reaction score
monster maker said:
Its crap plain and simple, there are members on here who could have done better, its been destroyed now in my eyes, thats not hoggle.
Something like this prop should have been handled by an expert,and restored to its original glory.
You're right. Too bad he's destroyed now :mad:

monster maker

Reaction score
I mailed him about it, and he said the restore could be reversed at any time, but he has ditched the skins so any restoration would be pointless, unless the head and hand moulds turn up, which i don't think is going to happen.

Laszlo

Reaction score
monster maker said:
I mailed him about it, and he said the restore could be reversed at any time, but he has ditched the skins so any restoration would be pointless, unless the head and hand moulds turn up, which i don't think is going to happen.
Thanks for clearing this! You're right, without the original forms it won't make much sense to rebuild him, unless someone has access to THE BEST reference materials from the Henson archives PLUS is an absolute PRO-Sculptor!
Anyway, I heard the moulds still exist! But it seems the Henson people didn't care for such small projects.

edible eye

Reaction score
OMG! How could he just ditch the skins! I hope the molds do still exist, that way he's not really *dead*

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
*sighs* Well there goes my dream of ever buying Hoggle off if Unclaimed Baggage and having an expert restore him. But when I saw the "restortation" I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the new look isn't that great. What it looks like now is a fan creation of Hoggle.

If the cloth skin can be removed than maybe one day I can buy the Hoggle and really do a restoration. If the Hesnon company still has the molds, maybe all that needs to be done is persuasion and persistence and money. Call whoever maintains the archives, write letters, and be willing to pay for the molds.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Moulds are incredibly valuable. I'm almost certain that they will still exist...somewhere! They certainly are items that wouldn't be destroyed on purpose. Accidents can happen though...