Help Sesame Street get 1 Billion Views on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The views aren't updated instantaneously.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that views for popular videos take awhile to be updated, but figured that videos that get many views at once would still get updated frequently. I've looked at the number of channel views a few different times today (noon, afternoon, night) and it seems they're the same number.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll change soon.

At this rate, they need around 500,000 views a day to get to 1 billion in 44 days. Feasible? We'll see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems they just updated the tally.

It's gone up just less than 2 million views to about 980 million, so there's hope there. My concern is only that the number of views actually gets to 1 billion, and Youtube's crappy video view count isn't going to screw them over.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the sponsors are nervous about this. From my understanding, YouTube sponsors pay based on the number of views a video gets, and if a lot of people are watching the videos to bring the channel up to a billion, that's a lot of money to have to pay Sesame Workshop. And I don't know whether YouTube sponsors pay in dollars or cents.

If only Sesame Workshop could freely use Kermit the Frog, it'd be great if when they got closer to a billion views they did a video with Kermit reporting the progress. Yeah, there's still Telly's "Monster on the Spot" role, and I'll be surprised if any such video is done regardless of who appears. Though wouldn't it be something if the secret video (assuming it's something new) actually featured Kermit?

A thought occurred: What if we still have to wait 44 days for the video to be shown online, even if, say, they reach they're goal tomorrow?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this rate, they could very well reach their goal tomorrow... I mean, they've already reached 98% the last time I checked.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but they started at 97 percent. Or rather 97.9%.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These last few days I've been going through the videos, watching through many playlists... Today I've decided to try NOT to watch the ones with the most-views (it'd be great if they reached their goal because of less popular videos). As I've been viewing, I've found that Sesame Street's YouTube channel has a few things that I didn't know they had (I wonder if they're on sesamestreet.org and I just didn't know), the upload date on each being 2011. Was surprised to see they uploaded Home Run on the Range, On Vacation with Guy Smiley, and News Flash: The Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They've gone up a million since the last update; if they can get a million views a day, it won't take very long.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It currently says "Goal: 18 Views".

Does that mean we're only 18 views away from this top secret videos? Wow! Everone reading this, go watch a Sesame clip! We only need eighteen!

Status
Not open for further replies.