Help me like MFS

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see everybody going to freeze frame their DVDs! I honestly don't know. Would be funny.

My first theatrical Muppet film was the Muppet Movie so I can understand how this one would hold a special place in your heart. Plus it had the Muppets all living their real lives together. That was pretty interesting. Isn't it a health hazard to have so many Muppets in one house though? LOL!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
this one seemed like the Barretta movie.
yeah! they should have named it...The Pepe Movie (and other Bill Baretta Characters) cause no matter how much the movie focused on gonzo i COULD NOT stop thinking that Pepe was the main character, even though his screen time isn't as much as other characters....

of course then they would have to give IAVMMCM (or however the exact title goes, i can't remember) a similar title!!

I'll spank you like a bad bad donkey, okay
LOVE IT! classic muppet stuff there, the whole jacuzzi thing is hilarious!

Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Isn't it a health hazard to have so many Muppets in one house though? LOL!
just don't tell the fire dept.....i love the atmosphere....the only other movie you see them in a living condition is MTM and well....not much story there for a bunch of lockers! they should invest in building another bathroom:big_grin:

i bet miss piggy has about 3 rooms......that's why everyone is so crowded, of course i didn't see kermit rooming up with anyone, you'd think he'd want to make an example:stick_out_tongue: but he's gotta pay the bills and stuff so he deserves it right???

i feel sorry for the characters that don't get much screentime, they probably have lots of muppets in one room! haha

maybe i've taken this too far...naw never!

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score

I think most fans were looking forward to seeing them riding on a ship through outerspace, visiting a planet and maybe have some Pigs in Space references. Isn't that kind of what everybody pictured after hearing the title? Maybe it was just me. There are scenes from that film I'd like to hurl into outerspace. LOL! But there were some gems. I'll spank you like a bad bad donkey, okay!
Oh totally. Remember in 1998, before we were getting more reports in...we thought this would be 'Muppets In Space'?

Hmmm...well at least they had that one out space scene. Im kind of sad they spent more money on getting cheap c rate cameos than refurbishing more obscure characters for cameos. Zondra, Chip, etc was nice...but Juhl's original script I heard called for Uncle Matt! Geez, no wonder if he was unpleased with the final draft. As Luke said...the way that whole Covnet thing was handled...yikes!

Your eright...Baretta shined like never before. This truly was Pepe's debut...and I think for a lot of non/casual fans Pepe was probably the thing they most remember. It is just said he never caught on with merchandise after that...not til later in 2003 it would seem.

I agree with Sarah...seeing the Muppets on the big screen after so long was in of itself a true astonishment. I remember remarking on MC in July of 1999...that while I was disappointed with a lot of the direction of plot in it...just seeing the colorful Muppets on the big screen in and of itself was great. But boy...that opening brick house musical number...WOW!!!!! If the movie could have just took off from their I think we'd be looking at one of the coolest films ever. But indeed, if this was the first time you saw the Muppet son the big screen...there is NO Arguing...thats one heck of a magical experience. I remember when I saw my first...TMTM, and I tell you...beyond words.

Thats why when I see that Mastercard commercial on the big screen lately it leaves me in awe...thinking about what a new Muppet film like that could be like.

Finally, was Flash Light the only song a Muppet sung on? Hmmmmmm...I will say the funk definately fit in with the fun of the film at least.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't remeber much of MFS but i do remeber the opening stuff. It was great! Pepe was great in it too. I thought the movie just didn't go anywhere. I was hopeing that, instead of finding out Gonzo was from space, we find out that we still don't know what Gonzo is. Alien is just too predictable. I still say he is a whatever and not an alien. I think it would have been better if Gonzo was contacted and was told to build a space ship. Then when he builds a stupid looking ship out of old junk, Kermit uses his star power to get a gaint Gonzo ship made. It would be similar to that of the Swine Trek only instead of a pig it would be a giant gonzo head :big_grin: . Then the rest of the movie takes place in space and on an alien planet where we find out Gonzo isn't really part of this alien race, but instead is similar to the alien god! lol Now that's a movie!

beaker

Reaction score
Indeed. The alien angle was just lazy.
For the record, Gonzo IS NOT an alien!
I say that because in q &a's, I think Goelz answer(as gonzo) is usually somehting like that was just a movie. Not that he wouldnt have good company: The Yip Yip Sesame Martians, Male/Female Koozbanes, Phoob, etc.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i think MFS is where the muppets said WE ARE BACK! i mean MCC was too sweet and MTI i thought was insane.....in a bad way...MFS was the first memorable movie since since henson's death...the christmas special topped that though :smile: i watch that at least twice a week, trying to get all the jokes, and every time i watch it i discover something else! it gets better and better. MFS has stuff like that, too....stuff that you'll never get the first time, but you will get it arund the 50th time...the DVD is a must have (of course i just rented it, it's not like anyone will buy it for me! i'll just watch the VHS, thank you) the commentary is a little zany but keeps you on your toes!

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
i think MFS is where the muppets said WE ARE BACK! i mean MCC was too sweet and MTI i thought was insane.....in a bad way

stuff that you'll never get the first time, but you will get it arund the 50th time...the DVD is a must have (of course i just rented it, it's not like anyone will buy it for me!
Of if there is a Best Buy in your area, virtually all their JHC related dvds are usually $14.99. They even have Dark Crystal Special Edition and the Muppet original trilogy films for about that.

As for MTI...yeah I didnt care for that much...even though when I was growing up I had a thing for pirates and dinosaurs. Wait, there were no dinosaurs in that, hmmm. And MCC came out in a real unfortunate time...it just looks rather depressing.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the nearest best buy is around 150 miles away, and every time my parents take me, i'm broke! and i do some HINTING but they never get it, maybe i should apply it with a sledgehammer next time. that might get my point across

i've got Dark Crystal, bought it at Wal-Mart last year for $10 (well my dad did)

someday (when i'm 16) i'll get a job...then i might be able to buy me a movie, or two!

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
the christmas special topped that though :smile: i watch that at least twice a week, trying to get all the jokes, and every time i watch it i discover something else!
Really ? I couldn't stand it - it was low budget crap produced on a high budget. Sure there were some great bits, that were real classic Muppety - but those bits were rushed and they didn't spend enough screen time on them compared to all the screen time the boring stuff like Whoopi Goldberg got. They spent too much time explaining the plot and not enough time on the Muppets ...... things like 'Luke Fromage', 'Moulin Scrooge', and the Club Scene could have lasted and been developed much more. The plot was a little slow too and the script flawed - they needed to concentrate on it being a Muppet movie and could have done without the Heaven scenes etc. Basically it showed me that the Muppets still have potential but the people behind them don't have a clue how to make a movie.