Having Each Other (Ush-Gush)

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Okay, I don't have time to post tonight, but if you all nag me, just know I apologize.:oops:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 12: Bass of Blues

Clifford walked through the familiar streets of New Orleans, his home away from home. Seeing the sun again had made him particularly happy and had lifted a shadow from his heart. Finding a dry spot he sat and started to tune his guitar, ignoring the questioning look he received from pedestrians doing their daily business. One woman about Clifford's age, possibly younger, walked by with her little girl in tow.
"Look mommy!" The little girl squealed excitedly, tugging her mother's skirt and pointing at the bass player. "It's a rock star! Can we listen to him? Please?" She begged, her eyes shining in hope. Her mother barely glanced at Clifford as she continued walking.
"No dear. That's not a rock star, that's a homeless man who wants money." Her mother replied, steering her daughter away from a slightly annoyed Clifford. Finishing his tuning, Clifford picked up the guitar and hooked to his amplifier before starting to play. Who's she calling homeless? He thought mildly, picking a familiar song and playing it. He played loudly, but also uniquely causing people to come and find the source of the music. Seeing a crowd gather, Clifford began to sing his voice going pleasantly higher than when he usually sang.

I can't stop the way I feel
Things you do don't seem real

Tell me what you've got in mind
'Cause we're runnin' out of time
Won't you ever set me free
This waiting round is killing me

She drives me crazy
Like no one else
She drives me crazy
I can't help myself

Clifford poured his frustration and his joy into every word, grining as the crowd grew and cheered him on. I could get used to this, he mused.

I can't get any rest
People say I'm obsessed
Everything you say is lies
But to me there's no surprise
What I had for you was true
Things go wrong, they always do

She drives me crazy
Like no one else
She drives me crazy
I can't help myself

I won't make it on my own
No one likes to be alone

She drives me crazy
Like no one else
She drives me crazy
I can't help myself
He danced around the makeshift stage, managing to pull a few Micheal Jackson moves in the process.
Uh huh huh

She drives me crazy
Like no one else
She drives me crazy
I can't help myself

Uh huh huh

She drives me crazy
Like no one else
She drives me crazy
I can't help myself
The crowd roared and clapped, many hands were disposing cash into his open guitar case. Clifford watched as the little girl from before turned to her mother and grinned.
"I told you he was a rock star!" he she said happily, her mother was rather speechless at the moment and did not answer. As things slowed down and the crowd disperesed, Clifford began to pack his things. Hearing footsteps, he looked up to see the woman from before, this time being towed by her daughter.
"Um, you were a-amazing." She stuttered, blushing. Clifford smirked a little at her discomfort.
"I'm Lizzy, and I'm six! She's my mommy and doesn't want people to know her age" The little girl said proudly, holding out her hand towards Clifford.
"Lizzy!" Her mother whined, her face growing even redder. Clifford burst out laughing, he started to find it hard to keep his balance.
"Well, Lizzy your practically a lady!" He chuckled after a moment. her mother held out her own hand.
"Jessie. Jessie Kay. And your name is...?" She said, a small smile forming on her face.
"Oh! I'm the homeless person looking for money, but you can call me Hobo." Clifford said, raising his eyebrow teasingly.
"You...uh.. heard that, huh?" Jessie said, ashamed.
"Yeah, but I don't really mind. My real name's Clifford, if you want to know." He said, grinning cockily. Jessie smiled.
"I like it." She said softly. Clifford looked down, embarrassed.
"It's only a name." He replied softly.
"Do you want to have lunch with us?" Jessie asked politely.
"Wha- excuse me?" He said, shocked. Jessie looked equally flustered, and tried to explain.
"I realize we just met, but you seem so nice. And we would be so delighted if you would!"
"Please?" Lizzy begged, her lip began to tremble.
"I-yeah well sure!" Clifford answered. Offering his arm to both girls, they walked away.​

And please review? I was sick so sorry about this being a little late!:embarrassed:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
:news: He IS finding a like mind just by being himself! It worked!

Shhh. Don't interrupt the storyteller.
Nice Figgie! I can absolutely picture Cliff doing some street performing in the Big Easy. Although that particular song always makes me think of the Weird Al version instead! :smile: Curious to see what the others are are up to. Now that the rain's stopped, will there be a reunion, or are people going to have separate adventures before the big event?

Keep going!
-----------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
------------------
:news: He IS finding a like mind just by being himself! It worked!

Shhh. Don't interrupt the storyteller.
Nice Figgie! I can absolutely picture Cliff doing some street performing in the Big Easy. Although that particular song always makes me think of the Weird Al version instead! :smile: Curious to see what the others are are up to. Now that the rain's stopped, will there be a reunion, or are people going to have separate adventures before the big event?

Keep going!
-----------------------
Thanks Newsie!! Glad to see you back on the forum, I have yet to Hear Wierd Al's version. I need to look that up.:oops: As for a reunion, you will have to wait and see!!:batty: