Have you ever seen Carrascolendas?

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Thank you for that link MissHernandez...that brought back a lot of fond memories. Why is this show not on DVD?

Bonnie

Reaction score
I can't wait to see these, I remember them from my childhood, too. (I'm 44) I sometimes even now go around humming the theme song!!! Any time I'd ask my friends if they remembered it they'd look at me blankly....finally, I'm NOT crazy! I really liked the show.

ChildActress

Reaction score
Wow! I haven't been here in a while. It's nice to see that folks are still following the thread for Carrascolendas. Thank you, Ms. Hernandez, for posting a link to those full episodes of the show. I'll be sure to go check them out!

ChildActress

Reaction score
I had a chance to review the online episodes posted thru the link above by Ms. Hernandez. Unfortunately, these are literally only a handful of the very first episodes of the show. I was not in any of these shows. :stick_out_tongue: But, here is a link to other show related pictures: http://www.tvparty.com/lost-Carrascolendas.html
That's me in the yellow shirt and red pants... :laugh:

Reaction score
I am coming into this late, but I'm so thankful to have found this thread! As a big Muppet fan, I've tried to use the Muppet Central forum, but I always forget to come back (too busy).

Anyway, I have been looking for info on Carrascolendas for a long time. Wasn't sure I was spelling it right either. I wasn't born until 1975, but they used to show us this in kindergarten where I grew up in DEEP South Texas (the Rio Grande Valley). I don't know how many episodes I ever got to see, but I never forgot the lion or the mill wheel (which I think I always remembered as a ferris wheel).... I don't remember too much though. Thanks so much for posting the links to the videos and pictures. I will check those out more as soon as I can! I really wanted to see the lion again to see what he looked like. I had found clips on YouTube with a mouse or bear or something whom I didn't remember till I saw him (was he around during the lion episodes too?), but no full episodes or anything. Anyway, I'm amazed to find out now that this show was made in Austin, where I just recently moved to. I find it strange that they don't try to bring the show back these days, with all the English/Spanish kids' shows that have boomed in the past several years. Especially a few years ago, with Dora, Handy Manny, Diego, and probably other stuff... I have to admit, I am half Spanish, but still really don't know how to speak it, ha. But, I wish I could be part of bringing this show back here in Austin. Always had an interest in film and TV shows, but no training in it. I'm a cartoonist/illustrator currently looking for a job here in Austin, ha. I've toyed with doing a webshow where I wear a big, furry suit too as my comic strip character, a friendly werewolf (in my avatar). Anyways, thanks again for all the great info and memories.

laortelli

Reaction score
I am coming into this late, but I'm so thankful to have found this thread! As a big Muppet fan, I've tried to use the Muppet Central forum, but I always forget to come back (too busy).

Anyway, I have been looking for info on Carrascolendas for a long time. Wasn't sure I was spelling it right either. I wasn't born until 1975, but they used to show us this in kindergarten where I grew up in DEEP South Texas (the Rio Grande Valley). I don't know how many episodes I ever got to see, but I never forgot the lion or the mill wheel (which I think I always remembered as a ferris wheel).... I don't remember too much though. Thanks so much for posting the links to the videos and pictures. I will check those out more as soon as I can! I really wanted to see the lion again to see what he looked like. I had found clips on YouTube with a mouse or bear or something whom I didn't remember till I saw him (was he around during the lion episodes too?), but no full episodes or anything. Anyway, I'm amazed to find out now that this show was made in Austin, where I just recently moved to. I find it strange that they don't try to bring the show back these days, with all the English/Spanish kids' shows that have boomed in the past several years. Especially a few years ago, with Dora, Handy Manny, Diego, and probably other stuff... I have to admit, I am half Spanish, but still really don't know how to speak it, ha. But, I wish I could be part of bringing this show back here in Austin. Always had an interest in film and TV shows, but no training in it. I'm a cartoonist/illustrator currently looking for a job here in Austin, ha. I've toyed with doing a webshow where I wear a big, furry suit too as my comic strip character, a friendly werewolf (in my avatar). Anyways, thanks again for all the great info and memories.
I had a chance to review the online episodes posted thru the link above by Ms. Hernandez. Unfortunately, these are literally only a handful of the very first episodes of the show. I was not in any of these shows. :stick_out_tongue: But, here is a link to other show related pictures: http://www.tvparty.com/lost-Carrascolendas.html
That's me in the yellow shirt and red pants... :laugh:
Hello, child actress!
I played DYANA DOLL in Carrascolendas. We have a Carrascolendas Facebook page where you can engage with most of the cast members! Caracoles (Agapito Leal) and Campamocha ( Mike Gomez) are on there! We live in the LA area and recently had a Carrascolendas reunion with Señorita Hernandez (Camille Carrion) and Cuca (Graciela Rogerio).
Yolanda Ortiz (now Yolanda Wright) remembers many of the children actors. She’s on the Carrascolendas Facebook page too! Join us! Come along, come along, come along....