Harry the Puppet

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I made this puppet from the project puppet simple series punto (I think), but used the alternative simple series body and added some alterations to the hands to make it a live hand puppet (no fingers, more like a mitten). I wanted to keep it relatively simple. This puppet was more of a test to see how the live hand would work. I wanted a puppet that was a little bigger, and could interact more with my little boy, hence the live hand. So I use this when he's doing puzzles and reading stories. Harry helps to turn pages. Harry is also popular when my little boy (who's not yet 2) falls over and hurts himself. Harry gives great big hugs.

I enlarge the simple series from A4 size up to B4 size (approximately 110%). I wanted it to be larger than life. The head I just followed the basic patter. For the ears I made them up freestyle. I used thin foam cut in a heart shape, then glued, then cut material in a similar shape and sewed it up and attached. The eyes are googly, he loved that about them, and the nose is a clown red now. I glued it on using hot glue.

The clothes were just my sons old clothes. I created an inside sleeve inside the body, and just stuffed his body with teddy bear polyfill material. That kept him full looking and soft and cuddly. Anyway, here are some pics. When these were taken I hadn't picked the seams so they are still quite visible, they are less visible now though.

Look forward to hearing what you all think, I had thought about putting hair on harry, but decided against it. I tried a few different options, and all of them changed his personality too much so I opted to leave him as is. Hope you all like.

regards,

Greg

muppet88

Reaction score
Great job! I love the live hand alteration to the simple series puppet!