Gum Chewing

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Cool. Old crotchety teachers are fun.
Oh no, this guy isn't crotchety. In fact, the best description I can come up with is that he acts like a Muppet. Specifically, he acts like a Richard Hunt Muppet. Or maybe he just acts like Richard himself. I've seen him hit guys in my class square in the face with tissue boxes, jump up in the air and do a Pete Townshend windmill with an air guitar, call just about everyone in the school a wart (but I seem to have been hit the hardest, heehee), walk a good four miles uphill (I should know, 'cause I did it, too), debate indefensible positions in the debating club and set us free for about twenty classes through the year. I do love that guy. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh, one of them? :big_grin: Even better. He sounds really fun.

Four miles? You a yank? :wink: I only say this because I have no clue how long a mile is.

I had a teacher once who made us snowshow along the highway... he was scary.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Four miles? You a yank? :wink: I only say this because I have no clue how long a mile is.
Around 6.44 kilometers. I tend to stick to American measurements, as I find them easier to deal with than Metric stuff.

MrsPepper said:
I had a teacher once who made us snowshow along the highway... he was scary.
Yikes. The only time I've ever snowshoed was after White Juan (you've heard the story, I suppose), using a fifty year old pair of snowshoes that hadn't been touched in as long to get my father's 5-iron out of the snow. :big_grin:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Haha, he shouldn't golf in the snow, then. :wink: Blizzard, I'm guessing?

Oh yeah, I don't know how long a kilometre is either. Relatively speaking, of course.

No, that teacher was terrible. Scary and french. Really funny, though. I was frightened but amused at the same time. Warped guy. He'd draw what he called the "Bucket of Patience" on the board, and when he got angry he'd draw holes in it and draw water coming out, and sometimes he'd drown a student in the Bucket. Or he'd draw us being hit by ambulances, etc. And he'd throw in random french words in our notes where they didn't belong so that we'd pay attention while copying and actually read.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
No, that teacher was terrible. Scary and french. Really funny, though. I was frightened but amused at the same time. Warped guy. He'd draw what he called the "Bucket of Patience" on the board, and when he got angry he'd draw holes in it and draw water coming out, and sometimes he'd drown a student in the Bucket. Or he'd draw us being hit by ambulances, etc. And he'd throw in random french words in our notes where they didn't belong so that we'd pay attention while copying and actually read.
Oh my God, why didn't I tell you about Mr. LaRocque? He's also in his 60s, he's our French teacher, and he's insane. He often tells us VERY humorous stories, usually which involve him beating some guy up.

Probably his funniest was the time he was in Nice, France; he had missed the college application date, so he was wandering around the city, waiting for the end of the month so he could get out of his apartment. Walking down a park street one night, a man jumped out in front of him with some sort of a pointy object in his hand, and demanded in bad French that he hand over his money. So of course, good old Roger beat the living snot out of him. Once this assailant was on the ground, a banana fell out of his hand.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My Thursday school are now saying the the words "crap", and "fart" are now officially off-limits. Oh, boo-hoo, "crap" and "fart" are bad words!
"crap"
"fart"
"crap"
"fart"
"crap"
"fart"
"crap"
"fart"
"crap"
"fart"
"crap"
"fart"