Guest stars you want on the New Muppet Show

LadyHyde

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
How about...

*Rowan Atkinson
*Eric Idle
*Tom Green(I'd love to see him do his "Bum" song)
*Simon Cowell-he could be in the balcony with Statler and Waldorf
*Ozzy Osbourne
*Queen Latifah
*Mike Myers
*Jim Carrey
*Christopher Lloyd
*Tom Hanks

...and that's all I can think of.
Those are prolly the best choices. Queen Latifah is going to be in "Muppet Wizard of OZ" as Aunt Em, and Ozzy's performed with the Muppets a few times. ("Born to Be Wild" with Miss Piggy, appearing with Kermit at Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee.)

Well, I wrote outlines for most of the people from "Van Helsing"...except I just couldn't think of a plotline for Shuler Hensley. (He was in the broadway revival of "Oklahoma!" as well...I just want to see him and Kermit duet on "The Ballad of Judd Fry"...my favorite part of the musical)

On the subject of other musical actors, I would like to see Kristin Chenowith (I know she's also on Sesame Street) and Patrick Wilson. (Also in "Oklahoma" and the movie version of "Phantom")

Jenny

Reaction score
HI, :smile: I would like to see :
Norman Reedus
Johnny Depp
Orlando Bloom
U2
That would be cool !

muppetsforever

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Of the ones other people had....
Kirsten Dunst
Natalie Portman
Ewan Macgregor
Reese Witherspoon

Rory on Gilmore Girls (.....Dangit, why can I not remember her name???)
Viggo Mortenson
Sean Astin
David Foley (Though I doubt he'd do it)
Harrison Ford
Orlando Bloom (Just because :flirt: )
Billy Joel

....That's all I can think of for now!
Billy Joel would be awsome!!! musical guest are always cool

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I always thought "Weird Al" Yankovic would be a cool guy to see with the Muppets.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
Ok have to say those that I would like to see; well first I have to think of the Muppet Show. I don't know of any full bands that have ever done the show single artist yes, but not a group. The only groups I know were performance artists, and then the Star Wars episode what was more around Mark Hamil. I don't know what they did with Muppets Tonight I wasn't a fan of that series at all. Also we need to have some more unique performance groups again; I would hope some of the shows they would do would be from people we never heard of or up and coming artists.

Weird Al
Wayne Brady
Will Smith
Ant
Nicole Kidman
Eddie Murphy
Blue Man Group (I know more then one but again they are a performance art group)
Steve Irwin
Gwen Steffani
Queen Latifah
Seth Green (I am for sure he would do it, says it was SS that got him into acting)
Cyndi Lauper (with her new style of singing more of a classic style)
Eric Idle
Christopher Watkins
Stump (again performance art)
Tim Allen
Shania Twain
Olsen Twins (though they say they want to work on separate stuff, the show could be them each doing their own skits and singing alone, the other not knowing they are there, and at the end a duet surprise.)
Xizbit

Sadly I know one for sure that will be on it, but don't want them Jessica Simpson. The only way that be a good show if it Crazy Harry blew her up.

Gonzo's Goof :concern:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Alanis Morissette
Avril Lavigne
Reese Witherspoon
Angelina Jolie
Will Smith
Ewan McGregor
Yoda
Cher
John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John (the muppets would handle that great!)
Nicole Kidman
Tom Hanks
Catherine Zeta Jones
Renee Zellwegger
Hugh Grant
Jack Black
Will Young
Anne Robinson
The Friends Cast (either together or seperately)
Debra Messing (Grace from W&G)
Ben Stiller
Jim Carrey (TMS- Ultimate Outline!)
Robin Williams
Puppet versions of The Simpsons
Bert and Ernie
Bear and Tutter (and Ojo- I guess! :rolleyes: )
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake

...and so on!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I've got a pretty long list, but here are some celebs that I really would have liked to have seen on TMS:

Robert Morse: He originated the role of J. Pierrpont Finch in the Broadway version of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and reprised the role for the film version. He's done some other work in musicals such as Sugar and portrayed Truman Capote in the one-man show Tru, and in recent years has done a bunch of cartoon voiceover work including some of those Rankin/Bass holiday specials.

Roddy McDowall: Roddy was no stranger to television during the Muppet Show's run; he was one of the stars on the short-lived Planet of the Apes television series and he guest starred on the Carol Burnett show on several occasions. Although better known for his dramatic roles, Roddy was a decent comic actor and probably would have been able to pull off an appearance on TMS very well. I could definately see his talent for accents being utilized.

Tom Baker: The fourth incarnation of the Doctor on Doctor Who. His run as the Doctor coincided very closely to the Muppet Show's series run; he was on two years longer (1974 - 1980). I could see a TMS episode with Tom going with Tom as himself as the guest or with the Doctor being mistaken for Tom and going on in his place.

Vicki Lawrence: Not much to say here except I can see Mama popping up in a sketch somewhere, can't you?

-Kim