Green Screen

ChinoXL

Reaction score
I'm filiming a little puppet series and one of the first scenes is in space I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a space background for the green screen here in toronto or some where on the net

BuckyBits

Reaction score
Are you looking for an Tiff or JPG type image to use in a digital image program for your green screen effect?

Hubblesite.org has great images of space, but I don't know what the license for use is.
You'd need to try a stock photo place and buy an image for comercial use.

I'd create something in Photoshop:
Create some noise invert the color. Now you have Stars.
Add a layer or two with some clouds effect.
Add lense flare for extra effect.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I have a couple of static starfields I can send you if you email me privately.

Also, there's also info about various non-computer methods of creating starfields here as well as the source code for a C program that generates starfields.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I personally use a big piece of black paper and a toothbrush dipped in thinned-down Pro-White (the high-end version of White-out). I basically run my thumb over the bristles of the toothbrush, randomly spattering paint onto the black board.

Steve

ChinoXL

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I'll definately email you buck. This should be neat although not the best i built a spaceship out of cardboard but it looks ALOT like cardboard lego pasted together - but it's a comedy so i think i can get away with that

The next project is building a generic robot alot of inspiration from Robot *******! http://www.robotbastard.com/movies/index.html it's great short flick