Granny Fannie Nesselrode

scarecroe

Reaction score
Oh okay, I guess they either made her hair look different for the puppet or chose to draw her with Grandma Happy's hair :smirk:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Look at her closely in Follow That Bird, She has the same hair as Grandma Happy.

Grandma Happy came out around '69, Granny Fannie Nesselrode came out around '71... So there would have been time to change use the parts again.

see ya

Joggy

Reaction score
That puppet is not Granny Fanny. I think that's just some unknown nameless Muppet lady. Granny Fanny had no eyelids.

This grandma looks a bit like Baby Bobby's grandma from one of the gameshows (To Name A Face?).

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Joggy,

So what does Granny Fannie Nesselrode look like ?

Is it the same puppet without eyelids ?

Thanks

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't there a post in this thread with the photo of Granny Fanny Nesselrode posted by Scarrecrow? Warrick, since this is the thread that spawned my question I'll ask again. Scarrecrow states that the song "Subway" was credited on the LP to the Pointer Brothers. Do you know who these characters are? If so, please describe what they look like and what their personalities are like. Thought the Oinker Sisters were supposed to be the SS celebrity spoof of the Pointer Sisters. Upon confirmation of these characters they'll be added to my Muppet Listing. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Count,

Sorry, i do not know who the Pointer Brothers are.
Maybe he just got confused with the Pointer Sisters.

see ya

Ryan

Reaction score
Re: Scott,

Originally posted by Warrick
Look at her closely in Follow That Bird, She has the same hair as Grandma Happy.

Grandma Happy came out around '69, Granny Fannie Nesselrode came out around '71... So there would have been time to change use the parts again.

see ya
The "Hunt For Happiness" sketch is from 1970, not '69. What was she in in 1969 ?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Count,

Originally posted by Warrick
Sorry, i do not know who the Pointer Brothers are.
Maybe he just got confused with the Pointer Sisters.
Nope, the album credits the Pointer Brothers and the song is sung by men, not women. They also sing "Bus Stop" on the same album.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
The Pointer Brothers actually performed Bus Stop, not Subway. and the Subway on the show differs from the LP version. Its more face paced and some lines are sung by different characters. IE: On the LP its Bert singing "Its so hot, I could die", but in the skit, its the hippie. And theres one blooper I noticed, when the hippie finishes his first line, he goes down the stairs (look in backround), but later he comes from the side of the screen with his girlfriend. weird. Also, since Subway is different on TV and LP, you might not hear Granny whichever on MC Radio

SesameMike

Reaction score
This is an old thread to be sure. But I have a question about the good granny.

What was the sketch, or "show" as it were, that featured Granny Fanny Nesselrode as a problem solver? Complete with title cards, it wasn't exactly a game show, but more like a reality-show/comedy hybrid. The main characters were Granny and some male Muppet who, as best as I can recall, had a nasal New England accent. Granny would attempt to perform a task while the guy coached.

I remember two episodes of this show:

Ketchup - Granny is trying desperately to pour a bottle of ketchup. She tries shaking the bottle, hitting the bottle, even gives "cute little taps" to the bottom of the bottle with a hammer. Finally, the male Muppet gets her to quiet down long enough to explain that she has to remove the cap from the bottle first. Having done that, the ketchup now copiously gushes out, not only on the burger(?) but all over the plate and table as well. A continuous "blop-blop-blop.." sound is heard. As the closing title card appears, we still hear her saying something like "It's getting all over my shoes! I should have worn my boots. (pause) Oh, it's getting into the rug." At that point the sound effect morphs into that of slow footsteps through thick mud, then the sketch ends.

Telephone - Granny tries to make a call on a phone. When she says hello, she looks into the receiver "I don't see anyone in there...". After the guy explains and she listens (I think she tried listening in the wrong end first), she hears someone "humming" on the phone. He explains "That's the dial tone, Granny. They hung up."