Gonzo, Red Fraggle, Janice Quilts & new puppet

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Just updated my web site with pictures of my Gonzo quilt and Red Fraggle and Janice quilt squares.

I've also added pictures of my troll head puppet to my puppet page. The troll is only a head thus far-- he's quite large and I haven't figured out the best way to make a body for him yet. I think he'll end up being a lot like Swedish Chef and Dr. Phil-- with a fluid body and one puppeteer working the hands and another for the head. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

You can click the 'my quilts' link in my sig or go to

http://homepage.mac.com/muppetquilter/PhotoAlbum1.html

to see the quilts and

http://homepage.mac.com/muppetquilter/PhotoAlbum8.html

to see the puppet.

I'm really pleased with the Gonzo quilt. Janice still needs a little design work and I couldn't find quite the right color for her lips and eye lids. I think Red turned out okay, now I just have to get the rest of the Fraggle gang....

FER SURE

Reaction score
What can I say..... You've outdone yourself!:smile: Of course I love that Janice square:wink: If I could make one change it would be to make her head more of a diamond shape. It's the best, and so are you!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Of course! Your avatar is a much better Janice picture than the one I was working from. I will definitely make her head more of a diamond next time.

Thanks!!! :big_grin:

I'm glad you like it.

radionate

Reaction score
The Gonzo quilt is amazing! You should be so proud of your craftsmanship on him! What a wonderful job! How long does it take you for one panel, and an entire quilt?

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the Gonzo quilt. Belt buckle and shoe laces were very nice touches too! Both Janice and Red look great as well. Any future plans with them? An Electric Mayhem blanket, maybe? Your troll head also looks fantastic. I see what you mean about him being quite large. I think the idea of building his body like Dr. Phil is a great idea. I love the look of real hands with puppets, ala Swedish Chef. So many comedic possibilities! Can't wait to see more!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
radionate--

The time varies with the complexity of the design. Something like the Janice square, which has few pieces and even fewer colors, takes about an hour. The Gonzo panel takes about 10 hours. He has lots of colors and lots of little pieces. That doesn't count design time. Sometimes the design goes quickly and sometimes it takes ages-- I'm not very good with pencil and paper, so translating the Muppet image I want into a pattern I can work from can be kind of hit or miss.

Gonzo with the balloons in TMM is one of my favorite Gonzo moments, so it was a quilt I'd wanted to do for a while-- well worth the time.

Cindy--

Yes, I'd like to do an Electric Mayhem quilt. I have designs for Floyd, Dr. Teeth, and Janice. I've been working on Zoot for months now and haven't gotten a good design down. Animal is tricky-- there's an Animal in Quilting with the Muppets, but I'd prefer to use all my own designs, if I can capture him well.

What I'd really like to do-- this is sort of the long term goal-- is a Muppet Show Quilt-- with different squares. One would be the Muppet Show Logo with Kermit in the O (or Gonzo with trumpet). One would be Pigs in Space, one for Vet's Hospital, one for the Electric Mayhem, one of Statler and Waldorf in the balcony-- you get the idea. But that would be a very large and intricate quilt. Time, money, and design are all standing in the way of that one. Of course if I had unlimited time and resources, what I'd really like to do is the Muppet mural. Maybe someday, if Henson would let me spend a lot of time staring at the mural with pencil and paper in hand. I also want to do a Fraggle quilt.

As for the troll-- I think I'm going to need to find more experienced puppeteers to work him. The turtle is my husband's first puppet, so he has a lot of practicing to do before we can manage a two person puppet. Actually, watching us try to work a puppet like that might be funnier than any skit we could come up with. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
KOOL!!!! That is so cool. I wish I was good at stuff like that. I'm not such a great sewing.. uh..guy, I do it if I have to. My Ren and Stimpy Tee shirt has a big patched up whole, and blue thread (all I had) is still visable.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
KOOL!!!! That is so cool. I wish I was good at stuff like that. I'm not such a great sewing.. uh..guy, I do it if I have to. My Ren and Stimpy Tee shirt has a big patched up whole, and blue thread (all I had) is still visable.

You posted that 24 days before I was born.