Gonzo puppet

Jonathan

Reaction score
Where could I get the materal to build a gonzo puppet, and how would I build it???? :concern:

thatonekid

Reaction score
I think people should get creative and make their own original puppets. I honestly don't mean to offend anybody but I really don't like it when people make puppets that are supposed to look like an existing character. they always seem to bug me for some reason.

p.s. but that is a pretty cool gonzo :wink:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm looking to make one too, but I need some puppet patterns off the web to keep me for a while. HELP!!! :eek: :eek: :frown:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I built one...

Well, he's almost finished. I have to finish his arms, and then dress him. Actually, he's my first gonzo, so usually the first puppet I make of any character serves as my prototype. I'll make corrections in my design and build a second puppet as a final. Anyway, that being the case, I'll probably have this one up on E-bay by the end of the week.

I agree with "thatonekid" about making original characters, but how cool would it be to have a perfectly timed brief, silent cameo appearance of Gonzo the Great in a live puppet show. I think that would be awesome, like he just walks by in the background or something.

I just put up a couple of pics here - http://www.projectpuppet.com/gonzo

Of course he doesn't have arms yet, and he's naked (we all know gonzo always wears clothes), but he's coming along.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
bezalel said:
Anyway, that being the case, I'll probably have this one up on E-bay by the end of the week...I agree with "thatonekid" about making original characters, but how cool would it be to have a perfectly timed brief, silent cameo appearance of Gonzo the Great in a live puppet show. I think that would be awesome, like he just walks by in the background or something.
Uh-oh. Here we go again. :rolleyes:

First, it's a great likeness. The neck seems a little too wide but good all the same. Now at the risk of getting people all bent out of shape again, you do realize that ebay will likely yank the listing for an item like this. You're not really supposed to sell replica Muppets. It's against ebay's TOS and technically copyright infringement.

Great looking puppet though.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Yeah...

The neck is too wide...one of my design flaws. I do think that clothes will draw attention away from it in the prototype. The next gonzo's body will be built like the real gonzo.

Luke

Reaction score
That is one great Gonzo likeness. The eyes and pupil positioning make him very expressionate. As Buck said though, it'd be unwise to Ebay this, especially after you just provided a photo of yourself with him. I can just imagine the 'wanted' posters stuck up around Disney World.

:eek: