Gender of Muppet frogs

What are the genders of Muppet frogs?

• Total voters

Vincent L

Reaction score
Apart from Kermit and Robin, there are some other genetic frogs that appear from time to time. To me, they all look quite male. What do you think?

Hubert

Reaction score
Genetic frogs? :laugh:

But to answer, I think it varies for me, mostly depending on color and sometimes eye focus. To give you an example:

In this photo, I assume the 2 in the back to be male, and then in the front row, going from left to right, male, female, male, male, female.

My reasons for the female ones are pretty vague...for the first one, I think it's due to the body and neck shape, and the second would be due to the coloring. Mouths also play a big part in my decision, for example the third frog in the front row would be female if it wasn't for mouth shape that tells me otherwise. It's weird how I associate gender with shape and color, but I do for some reason.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah, I have no idea how to tell the difference between male and female frogs. Perhaps they could have stuck some hair on the female ones.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
That's a good question but for some reason, I've always assumed those frogs on the picture are all male. Don't know why but I just do... It would be easier perhaps to tell male and female frogs apart if the females would wear bows on their heads or other accessories or if they, like charlietheowl said, had hair.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I always assumed they were GENERIC and no one really thought of giving them a specific gender. So they all just look male *shrugs*

Hubert

Reaction score
Though some frogs can be specifically picked out as female, ones that have eyelids of sort that give them a female look to them.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I assume that generic Muppet animals are male unless they're referred to as otherwise.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think that Frogs, like Fraggles, are non-diamorphic, so until you hear the frog's voice you can't tell. Well, unless you're another frog.

In that skit, the frogs all seemed to have male voices, so that's my vote.

If you want a real head-scratcher, try to explain the frog with ears in The Muppets at Walt Disney World!