Future story of "Return to Labyrinth" ?

Monsoon

Reaction score
My thoughts on the future volumes
When King of old forsakes his hall
And chaos comes to goblin town
A human boy shall heed the call
The long-lost heir shall don the crown
This had already happened. Jareth has left the Labyrinth, and Toby was called and accepted the crown.
A promise of yore, born of blood
Will open path to Labyrinth’s heart
And user forth a wondrous flood
A new era shall then start
I believe the top line referees to the wager Jareth made with Mizumi. The second could be the referring to the throne, meaning it would be possible to get a new ruler. The wondrous flood could mean an actual event. And a new era could mean a new ruler. Given how Mizumi’s ’ element is ice, and that fact that she smirked when she heard the second part, I think she believes that she will soon rule, and with the huge storm, she could use it to make the Labyrinth just like her own kingdom, if she did get the throne.
(I I couldn’t read some words, so I might be mistaken.)
When friends are far
And family lost
And prince rest into dark abyss
Perhaps something will happen, and Toby, will get injured or be put under a spell so that he’s in something of a coma. That would leave Mizumi free to take the throne, since no one would have the ability to challenge her. Like she said, a kingdom can only be won in battle, or with a bargain, and she’s said that the goblins far outnumber her own forces. This would give her an even bigger defense since the Labyrinth and Moraine would be under her rule. And since the Pathmaker will not respond to anyone but the true King, this could take things the dark side if Mizumi tries to make the Labyrinth like her Moraine Kingdom. Also, note the spelling. The name Moraine almost looks like “more rain”.
The labyrinth and rightful heir
Shall be restored
By true love’s kiss
So, there might be a false King or Queen on the throne for a brief time.
When the rightful has had true love’s kiss, things will finally be settled. The rightful ruler shall be on the throne, and the Labyrinth will get back under control since the Pathmaker responds only to the Goblin King, and can control the Labyrinth itself. This will also mean the ruler will find true love.
I think the true heir might be Sarah. For one thing, there a bad storm at her house, just like in the Labyrinth, so there has to be a connection. And since Sarah will soon learn what’s happened to Toby, she will probably want to check up in him, so she could reluctantly team up with Jareth and try to get to back to the Labyrinth. But the storm would let him know that something was wrong, so they might have to try and sneak back in. I’m guessing that would squabble 70% of the time.
Also, Toby is the Goblin Prince and the Pathmaker only answers to the Goblin King. Toby’s coronation hasn’t taken place.
The heart and mind of the labyrinth is the Pathmaker. And since it hasn’t answered to Toby, this makes me think that he isn’t the true heir. And since the Pathmaker controls the Labyrinth, it will only lead to chaos if [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Mizumi[/FONT] tries to change things.
As for Moppet, I think she was created by Mizumi, as her part of her bargain with Jareth. In a sense, that would make her Moppet’s mother. As for her purpose, Jareth probably had her be a substitute Sarah, so I guess she was held prisoner in that tower room. Jareth was probably so bitter that he was unable to rule Sarah, so he probably tried to rule Moppet instead. But, Moppet probably didn’t develop any attraction to him, and since she might’ve been a constant reminder that Sarah was truly gone. Jareth might have regretted Moppet, and just had her memories erased, and expelled her from the castle. On her own, she wouldn’t remember her past and have no idea how to survive.
Also, Mizumi would only get the Labyrinth if Jareth failed at something. Maybe he was supposed to win Moppet’s love.

Anyway, I have no idea if any of my theories might have any vale, so I’m just waiting for volume 3.

Reaction score
I have a different theory as to who exactly Moppet is. I think she's a manifestation of what Sarah left behind, her fantasy's and childish natures that she abandoned during her journey in the Labyrinth. These elements of Sarah were separated from her and because of the magical aspect of the Labyrinth they developed a new form (Moppet). Since it's been 13 years, Moppet probably ended up developing her own personality and thus while she is a manifestation of Sarah, she acts and behaves differently than Sarah. She could still have some of Sarah's memories, though long forgotten, thus explaining why she was 'remembering' the ballroom scene.

I guess we will both have to wait until Volume three before we get any answers ^_^ Still your theories are interesting and wouldn't be surprised if more than one rang true.

Darkfox22

Reaction score
I agree with The Goblin King, Moppet could be Sarah's "shadow". It could be possible that Moppet is not real or she maybe some kind of spirit of Sarah when she was younger. As for this piece of prophecy,

The Labyrinth and rightful heir
Shall be restored
by true love's kiss

Here's what I think. Jareth lost his "powers" because Sarah left him. The part where is said, "The Labyrinth and rightful heir", Jareth is the rightful heir, and maybe, just maybe if Sarah accepts him or even kisses him, Jareth's powers could be restore. What do you think?

Monsoon

Reaction score
I think I'm eager for volume three. Also, with Moppet, I think it's safe to say that she isn't a human. I'm sure she was created by some form of magic. And as for Sarah, I'm hoping to see her squabble with Jareth as I think the two of them would act immmature becuase both of them have such a strong will.